Part 47 - Confessionals

The silence filled the room. Aaron left and it got a bit awkvard as we were sitting on different ends of the couch.

''Do you want another one ?'' i asked as i opened the fridge to grab another drink. 

"Sure " he said and i handed him the beer. Some more silence.

"Since when do u drink like this?"

"Like what?" he said as he took a big sip . He was pretending, he knew exactly what i was talking about.

"Well i dont remember you having a fully stocked mini frindge of alcohol ,especially not while working or in between filming."

"A lot has changed. Not that im proud of it but its the least destructive way to deal with things." He said in a cocky way, he was obviously holding grudges against me.

"Well when you put it like that. Although sleeping with many women might be more destructive." I said and imediatley caught his attention. He looked at me.

"So you saw ?" He said but still kept his attitude.

"Zak, that was all over news, very bad rep for you." i said as if i didnt care that he had enjoyed many women . I did care and in fact it made my blood boil.  There was a news article that came out a few days ago with alligations from many ladies who accused Zak of using them for their bodies. I had no doubts if it was true, in fact i felt kind of sorry for the girls that Zak had migled with and then ditched.  He sat quiet for a second, rethinking his life choices.

"Its not true you know, well, for the most part" he said as his voice softened up.

"I am having trouble believing you, please do elaborate"

"First of all there were not 12 of them, there were 2 . And only one of them complained after she realised that i wanted nothing more from her. But its not like i lied to her, i made it very clear to her from the very start. So when she realised that she could not change my decition, she raised hell, called all her friends and contacted every news chanel and magazine they could find. " he explained like he owed it to me, i might have been better off knowing what he was up to in his spare time.

"If that really is true then you should press charges, you know for false accusations and ruining your image... although i am sure that the world already knew you are a womanizer, wont help your case. "I teased

"Womanizer? Well thats a first, had not heard that one yet" Zak laughed

"So will you press charges? " i asked taking it back to a more serious note.

"Probably not,  talked to my lawyer and we decided that it would make even more headlines and raise bigger hell , but we are seeing how it will develop, hoping that it will just blow over." He said and let out a big exhale as if he was relieved to finally tell someone about his struggles.

"You know , people are actually so quick to judge , its crazy  " i said trying to make him feel less shitty. Suprising how i still felt the need to care for him.

  "Exactly, like they even knew what i was going through "

"Well you kind of chose this life when you put yourself in the public eye"

"Thats fair but  i never knew what it would be like, sometimes i swear , i wish i never started this show." He admitted.  I was shocked, the show was his baby ,his pride and joy, so hearing this let me know that it was tough for him right now.
Our eyes started to meet more frequently as we talked. I turned to face Zak.

"Is that why you have wanted to quit lately? "

"Who told you that? " he asked in suspicion.

"Noone, but it has been pretty obvious that all those pep talks about no quiting and pushing through have really been for yourself. I could tell ." I lied. Jay had told me earlier.