Chapter 8

Zak was calling. I was now on a lot of painkillers and felt kind of high.
"Zak?"
"Nah its, Aaron. Were coming over! Well except Jay. Hes still on his family vacation"
"What? No, do you realize what time is it ?"
"Well its too late to say no. Were here!!" - What? Oh shit. I ran to put on something with long sleeves.
"God dammit guys. Okay just come slow, i need to fix this place. " -i said and he hung up. Oh no this is not going to end well. I hid the painting of Zak and changed in different leggings. I also fixed my makeup and hair knowing that Zak was also coming...probably.I heard a knock on my door and ran to open it.
"Heeyy"-they all shouted and smiled.
"Oh God your all loud." - i laughed and let them in one by one and gave everyone a hug.My wrist was in so much pain that a little tear rolled down my cheek that i quickly wiped away. Zak came in the last. We looked at each other for a second in awkwardness and then hugged.
"Make yourselves at home."
"Oh ,they already did"- Zak said and pointed to them already on the couch watching tv. We both laughed and went to join them.
"Oh and we ordered pizza!"- Billy said as i sat next to him.
We sat there for a while watching tv and talking. They were really funny and made me laugh and that's what i needed. Someone knocked on my door 10 minutes later.
"That must be the pizza. Ill get it!" -Aaron said, got up and ran to the door. We continued watching the tv and i could feel Billy staring at me but he stopped when Aaron yelled-"June? I think your boyfriend is here" i got up and ran to the door. It was David. I could basically feel the stare of Zak when i hugged David. Aron walked back to the living room and sat down while David and i stayed in the kitchen. We talked quietly so they couldn't hear us.
"Wow, what are they doing here so late?"
"I could ask you the same thing. David just don't tell them anything about me okay? You know ill hate you forever"- i said and pointed my finger to his face.
"Fine i wont. How is your arm?"
"I don't know, its not healing and it hurts like hell. But i m going to get it stitched properly... after the lockdown."- i said and he gave me a judgmental look. We walked into the living room and everyone turned their heads to us.
"So ,everyone, this is David,my best friend. David, this is the ghost adventures crew- Zak, Billy and Aaron. And then there is Jay who is on a family vacation." - it felt kind of awkward at the start but then they started talking about guy stuff and the awkwardness went away. After 5 minutes the pizza came and everyone was stuffing their faces except me of course.  After a while i went in my bedroom to clean up my painting space. I heard someone walk in the room. I turned around and it was Billy. He was looking at the walls who were basically covered in my paintings.
"Wow...these are amazing. Do you sell them?"-Billy sad while looking around the room.
"Oh thank you and yes i do. But not a lot of people want them of course."
"Can i get one?"-he said and looked at me.
"Yeah sure, go ahead you can choose whoever you like." -i said and he started looking for the one he wanted.
"Oh no,wait,i have more"- i said and pulled out about 15 more from under my bed. I put them all out and he walked over to look at them.
"Wow, you have a lot of them. There are so many, but they all are so unique and perfect."
"Well thank you but i don't believe in anything being perfect. " i said while still putting some on the floor.
"Yeah, well i do."
"Like what?"
"You"- he said. Oh no,this is not good. I tried to play it off like i didn't understand that he was hitting on me.
"Oh ,you can't even imagine how wrong you are about that. I ll be right back." - i sad and walked to the kitchen and in the way trough the living room i nodded to David to follow me. He got up and followed me to the kitchen.
"Billy is hitting on me."-i whispered .
"What? "
"He's hitting on me, what do i do?"
"How am i supposed to know. Play dumb i guess?"
"I already did. Oh no this is going wrong. Oh so wrong..."i said and put my face in my hands.
"Well you can always say you're a lesbian"
"No, i hate lying to them. I guess ill just keep playing dumb."- i said and we walked back. David went to sit back with Aaron and Zak but i went back to the bedroom. As i walked past the couch me and Zak looked at each other and i gave him a smile. Oh god he was so hot. But i had to go back and play dumb.
"So? Did you choose? "- i said as i walked in the room.
"Yeah i think i did. This one would fit great in my house." He said and pointed to a creepy demon girl's painting.
"Okay ill wrap it in. " i said and started wrapping it in a special painting paper i bought at the art store. I wrapped it and handed it to him.
"You can leave it in the living room for now and take it before you leave." -i said and gave him a settle smile.
"How much is it?"
"Oh you don't have to-" he cut me off and handed me 500 $.
"I think your underrating them cause i think they are absolutely amazing and i wouldn't forgive myself if i took it for free."
"That's really nice of you. Thank you." I said and took the money.
We walked back to the living room and continued talking and watching movies for 4 hours. It was such a fun night. I mean Aaron was there and he always lifts my mood. It was now 3 am and everyone was getting ready to leave. Aaron and Billy had left but Zak and David were helping me clean this place up. They both were in the kitchen talking and David was doing some dishes. The living room was a mess. Popcorn and pizza boxes everywhere . I took the pizza boxes and went to throw them away in the kitchen garbage can. But before i walked in i stopped cause i heard my name being said so i listened for a while to hear what were they talking about.
"Yeah June rarely goes out, no wonder she's single." -said David.
"She's single? But she told us she has a boyfriend."-Zak said sounding confused.
"Yeah, she tells that to everyone. She's just afraid to trust anyone that's why she pushes every guy away."
Why the hell would he tell him that? Stupid David- i thought to myself. I entered the kitchen and threw away the boxes . I gave David a death stare and whispered to him quiet enough for him to hear but not for Zak-
"You ,Bitch!" And i walked away.
I heard Zak say-
"Did she hear that?
"Nah she just asked me to go and help her." - Wtf was David doing? Whats wrong with him? Zak came in the living room and stood behind me. I turned around when i heard someone behind me.
"Hey, ill get going now. Thanks for letting us come over."- he said and gave me his amazingly attractive smile. I smiled back at him and our eyes met each other again and it felt like i was getting sucked in his world.
"Yeah, it was nice seeing you guys."- i said and looked down to the floor to not get sucked back into his beautiful hazel eyes.
"I ll see you on Tuesday. Bye."- he said and as he walked out the door our eyes caught  each other for the last time. The doors closed and i walked over to David.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?"
"You both obviously are into each other and i m just helping."
" No ! You don't understand do you? I have too many issues to be with someone. It would be a nightmare for both of us and i don't want that. So it's better if i m alone."-tears started rising to my eyes as i said that.
David was trying to be supportive of me and he stayed the night with me to make sure i don't do anything stupid.
I spent Monday going through the stuff i had packed to make sure i didn't forget anything. Tuesday came quickly and i woke up feeling ready for my first lockdown...but i don't think anyone could ever be ready for what was about to go down...

●○●○●

Thank you so much for reading. Vote if you enjoyed and comment if u want to. Also the next part is gonna be pretty nuts so stay tuned !

-Linda

●○●○●