A day that didn't go terrible

I woke up at 10 Am.. It was kind-of an exiting day for me. My artworks were selected to be shown at my local art gallery. I forgot about the meeting i had, but i guess it was good for me not to stress about that right now.
After i got ready i texted my best friend - David. Yes he was a guy. But he was gay and we have been best friends since high school. He has helped me a lot trough some tough times ive had and we were basically unbreakable soulmates.
"Get your ass up!"- David texted me as i was rolling around in my bed. Some people actually thought he was my boyfriend since you couldn't really tell if he was gay or not.
"Im trying you piece of toast. Ill pick you up in 20 minutes"- i responded and got up from my king sized bed. David was going to help me carry the paintings in the gallery. Not that they were heavy. I just wanted him to come so i don't feel awkward. We brought them all inside and i was super happy and exited. I might even sell some . The gallery was going to open tomorrow and i had to be there for some reason.
I had a fun day. David always made my days exiting and fun. I got home around 8 pm and was inspired enough to start a new painting. I t was a creepy forest with some shadows and turned out pretty good. As i finished i put it against the window next to another one. I didn't remember painting another one so i turned it around seeing the strange man in my painting from last night. As i saw the man i remembered about Zak and the meeting i had.
"Fuck"- i whispered to myself as i went to check my email.
I opened my email and saw nothing. I wasn't sad tho. I just thought to myself that it was not meant to be and kept adding details on an old painting i never got to finish. But my life was too good to be true so something had to happen. It was almost midnight and i got really sad for no reason as always. The only way for me to gain back my normalness(if that's a word...probably not) was through cutting my skin with a razor blade. This happened every now and then when i got depressed or suicidal. Only my mom and David knew about it. But i didn't speak to my mom anymore. She was a toxic human. She basically ruined my mental health but that's a whole different story.
I fell with my face first in my bed. I was about to go to sleep. I had a long day ahead of me tomorrow and i didn't want to be tired. But right before i shut down my computer i checked my email for the last time. Nope, still nothing. It was exactly 11:59 pm, but right as it changed to 00:00 an email popped up. It was from Zak Bagans.
It said -
''Hello, this is Zak Bagans from the ghost adventures crew. I m happy to announce that you have been chosen to be a part of our crew. We will meet you Friday at -(he gave me an address) to sign some papers and other formal things. We all are looking forward to seeing you - Zak Bagans."
I fell back in my bad and mentally screamed in excitement. I instantly called David. And he was really happy for me and we talked for 15 minutes straight. I told him that i was really worried that they will eventually find out my issues and my personal stuff since i will be spending a lot of time with them. After we talked i went to sleep with all these thoughts racing through my head.
David was really hoping that i would start dating Zak but i promised myself i will keep away from him and wont catch feelings. I fell asleep.

Again thank you for reading. Comment or just leave a star if anyone wants me to write more of this. I have really big plans for this :). - Linda