Chapter 16

They wait in the teacher caves while Sunny goes and gets the others. Soon, one by one the Dragonets of Destiny start to arrive. First Clay appears, then Starflight and Fatespeaker, then a tired-looking Webs, before Sunny finally returns. A few minutes later a dragon appears that Kinkajou immediately bounds over to tackle with a big hug, Glory.

Stepping back from the hug without ever letting Kinkajou touch her Glory smiles. "What did I tell you about hugging he queen?" She asks, not quite letting Kinkajou touch her. Glory has some totally weird 'physical contact' rules that Kinkajou will never understand. Physical contact is awesome.

Kinkajou's not sure why she is surprised that one of her best friends had come. She had known Glory was at the school and when Glory was at the school she always just acted like any other of the dragonets of Destiny, but Kinkajou hadn't realized Darkstalker was giving the queens so much freedom. Except they aren't free at all, she thinks, His spells give him all the control he needs.

But it is still so amazing to see Glory alive and well.

"It's amazing your back, do yo... Umph" Starflight says before being squished between Clay and Sunny as they all hug Tsunami.

"Do you know how worried we've been!" Tsunami growls when she finally manages to speak, "You were supposed to Dreamvisit every night! EVERY NIGHT! Do you know how many times you dream visited? ONCE, you dreamvisited ONCE."

"Sorry" Sunny squeaks, "Darkstalker asked for his Dreamvisitor back. When we asked he said he wanted the changes he made to the school to be a surprise."

"Darkstalker just enchanted two of our students! I know he has our best interests at heart but right now I do not want to hear that you almost worried me to death because he said so!"

"Wait, what! Who did he enchant?"

"Moon, to sleep, and Kinkajou to honor him."

They all glance at Glory and she looks away, not quite meeting their eyes. Quietly she nods, "Yes, Darkstalker enchanted them, I can't be mad at him though, he is faced with impossible choices right now. He's doing the best he can. I just wish..."

"You are all totally wrong, enchanting people to honor you is totally not awesome," Kinkajou says, she hates not being able to trust her friends enough that she can't even tell them how much of a sinister evil face Darkstalker is.

In what is the most obvious subject change of all time, Clay says "Come on, let's go see the school. Breaking through the tense silence that had slowly been growing through the group.

As Sunny led them through the halls towards the library, Kinkajou wasn't sure what she was expecting. Dragons in cages along the wall maybe, though that seems a little extreme, even for Darkstalker. Maybe A shadowy cave with no sunlight with rows and rows of shelves covered with titles like A guide to the tribes of Phyria and how nightwings are superior in every way.

What she wasn't prepared for was a cave so large that it took her eyes a moment to focus on the other end. While the library had previously been one of the largest caves in the school, it was well over twice its old size now. The only thing she could think to compare it to was the library in the old nightwing kingdom, but many of those shelves had been empty, and the ones that hadn't had been full of decaying scrolls, barely readable from age.

Here, scrolls filled every shelf. Neatly organized into racks filling almost all of the available space. Everything about the library was bigger, filled with knowledge.

"Wow, This is amazing." She says.

Normally she wasn't one to get swept away by books, that was normally Moon's preferred activity, but it was impossible not to be amazed at the pure scale of the library.