~|16|~

●DISCLAIMER●

The content in this story is completely my imagination. It has nothing to do with reality. Please read it as fan fiction don't connect it with reality.
***

Ignore the typos

***

Ashwin arrived home and saw the starry sky above. As he entered the house, it was quieter than a cemetery. He knew Sivaangi was home because she had already sent him a message. He took off his shoes and went up the stairs to their room, where he found a sleeping Sivaangi. He wanted to know how her recording had gone, but he couldn't bring himself to wake her, so he let her sleep.

Ashwin changed into his sweatpants and T-shirt. He realized the room was a mess. So, he tidied everything up and then opened the closet. As he was putting things away, he saw a grey diary and picked it up. The first page said, "To Amma." He wondered if he should read it as it was related to her mother. He glanced at her sleeping form and decided not to invade her privacy. He carefully returned the diary to its original spot and finished organizing the closet. 

~**~

As thunder boomed loudly, Ashwin was startled awake from his sleep. It was pouring outside, and he could hear the heavy raindrops hitting the ground. He got up from the bed and went to the balcony to check it out. The wind was fierce, and the waves were crashing onto the rocks on the shore. Ashwin felt a strange uneasiness and quickly retreated back inside, shutting the balcony door. 

While sitting on the bed, Ashwin heard soft murmurs from Sivaangi, who seemed to be having a nightmare. She was sweating, and her mumbling was incoherent. Ashwin called out her name and shook her, but there was no response. He touched her forehead and felt that she was burning up with a high fever. Without hesitation, he rushed to the kitchen, grabbed some water and a cloth, and returned to Sivaangi.

Ashwin sat beside her and placed the damp cloth on her forehead. Sivaangi opened her eyes as she felt the coolness and shivered from the cold. Her eyes become glassy when she saw Ashwin's worried eyes. Memories of the terrible night filled her thoughts as more tears gushed down her cheeks. 

"Sivaangi ma...yen azlura, odambu romba valikudha, hospital polama," Ashwin asked, pressing her forehead with the wet cloth.

Sivaangi shook her head and turned to the other side, not having the strength to face him. She wanted to be strong and made every effort to be so. 

"I'm fine, neenga poi thoongunga," she said lowly. 

"Night saptiya" Ashwin asked, ignoring her words.

Sivaangi didn't reply. Ashwin let out a sigh and went to the kitchen. He came back with some fever medication and a bowl of hot porridge.

"Sivaangi elundhiru, idha kudichitu tablet pottu padu," Ashwin said.

"enaku venda," she said, still not looking at him.

"Kolandha mari pannama eludhiri, You need to eat and take these pills," Ashwin said and lifted her up holding her shoulder. Sivaangi kept her eyes lowered and didn't meet his gaze as he offered her a spoonful of porridge.

"Vaaya thora," Ashwin commanded. He knew that speaking firmly was the only way to get Sivaangi to cooperate. 

Sivaangi obediently ate the soup as Ashwin wiped away her tears and fed her until the bowl was empty.

"Indha tablet podu," Ashwin said, handing her a tablet and a glass of water. Sivaangi swallowed it down without opposing.  

"Odanae padukadha, sit down for a while," Ashwin instructed, arranging the pillows for her to lean against.