~|25|~

●Disclaimer●

The content in this story is completely my imagination. It has nothing to do with reality. Read it as fan fiction, don't connect it with reality.

***

Precap: Ashwin and Sivaangi shared their first-ever kiss.

Into the story,

Ashwin nervously adjusted his shirt collar as he stood outside his father-in-law's house. It's been a month since he saw him. Neither he nor Sivaangi spoke to Ram after their fight. Taking a deep breath he knocked on the door. After a few moments, the door opened and Ram stood with a surprised expression. He looked behind Ashwin to see if Sivaangi is with him but to his disappointment she was not there. Ashwin didn't fail to notice the shift in his emotion.

"Can I come in sir?" Ashwin asked clearing his throat.

"Ashwin? Yeah ulla va" Ram moved aside giving him a space to enter. They settled on the couch and Ram asked his maid Shanthi to bring some refreshments before turning his attention to Ashwin.

"Sollu Ashwin," Ram asked raising his eyebrows at him. He knew well that Ashwin wouldn't come all of a sudden without a solid reason.

"I came here to invite you to something very important in my life," Ashwin began, trying to choose his words carefully. "It's the Pooja for my upcoming movie, and I wanted to invite you personally" 

Despite their differences, Ashwin respected Ram for giving him the opportunity to become a lead actor in the film industry. He owed his career to him, and he didn't want to disrespect him by not extending the invitation. He is not someone who forgets his roots.

Ram's surprise was evident, but he remained composed and congratulated him. "I'll be there for sure," he said. 

"So how is Sivaangi?" Ram asked taking a sip of the coffee which Shanthi brought them. 

"She is doing fine," Ashwin said bluntly trying not to show much emotion on his face. Ram couldn't help but notice the small blush that crept on his face when he mentioned Sivaangi's name. 

"Good. Will she be attending the pooja?" Ram inquired hoping to see his daughter.

"I don't want to talk about her to you," Ashwin replied rolling his eyes. Ram looked at Ashwin, a tinge of disappointment evident in his eyes. 

"Fine. She is coming." Ashwin said seeing the hurt in his eyes. 

"I understand," Ram said with a sigh. "I know I made mistakes which is according to you and Sivaangi. Guess what I don't regret anything I did because I know what I did is best for both of you." 

Ashwin felt anger bubbling in him hearing Ram. "How can you be like this, Do you even understand the pain you've caused?"

Ram's voice rose in defence "Do you think I'm a sadist Ashwin? Do you think that I'm happy with everything that happened? Sivaangi is my only daughter and you how much she means to me." 

"I don't want to know what you think SIR, I'm not here to argue with you." Saying Ashwin stood up. "Please don't cause a scene in the pooja," he said before storming out of the house. 

He settled in his car and started driving away from Ram's house. He couldn't shake off the frustration and hurt that had built up during the conversation. He clenched the steering wheel tightly, trying to collect his thoughts.