~|22|~

●Disclaimer●

The content in this story is completely my imagination. It has nothing to do with reality. So read it as a fan fiction don't connect it with reality.

***

The house was adorned with colourful decorations, reflecting the joyous atmosphere. Vibrant marigold garlands adorned the doorways, and colourful rangoli designs adorned the floor, adding an element of traditional elegance. The air was filled with the scent of flowers.

In her room, Sivaangi stood before a mirror, her reflection dazzling in a yellow saree with intricate purple borders. The soft fabric cascaded gracefully around her, enticing her curves. Priya, carefully placed a delicate choke necklace around Sivaangi's neck, its shimmering stones reflecting the light. Sivaangi's earlobes twinkled with matching earrings, completing her look.

Priya smiled looking at her. "You look absolutely stunning, Sivaangi. The colour combination suits you perfectly."

Sivaangi blushed, her cheeks tinged with a rosy hue. "Thank you, Priya."

Just then, Suja entered the room, her eyes filled with joy and affection. She gazed at Sivaangi with a tender smile. "Adadae Sivu romba azhaga iruka da," Suja took evil eyes on her before hugging her. Sivaangi's mind wandered to her mom. A pang of longing pierced her heart, imagining how her mother would have embraced this moment. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears.

"Thank you Suja ma" Sivaangi said making Suja smile at her.

"Seri everyone has arrived and it's time now, kela polama" Suja asked to which Sivaangi nodded her head.

"Maa avaru.." Sivaangi asked about Ashwin as she was feeling so nervous about the whole thing.

"haahaa Anni, unga avaru kela than irukan. By the way enaku unga avasaram puridhu" Priya said with a teasing smile. Sivaangi hit her shoulder playfully hiding her smile.

Suja took Sivaangi's arm and led her downstairs, where the family and close relatives had gathered for the ritual. The room was adorned with flowers and traditional decorations, with a designated spot at the centre for the ritual.

As Sivaangi approached, all eyes turned towards her, some filled with admiration while others with jealousy. Amongst the crowd, Ashwin stood tall, looking dashing dressed in a regal purple-coloured shirt with intricate golden embroidery and a silk dhoti. His eyes met Sivaangi and he can see her blush at his gaze. Sivaangi came and stood beside Ashwin while they both bowed in front of the elders before sitting down infront of the priest.

Sivaangi could feel his gaze on her and she felt his hand interwind with hers. She smiled at him before turning her attention back to the priest who was chanting mantras. A sudden comment from a lady in the crowd caught Sivaangi off guard. "Suja where are Sivaangi's relatives? I don't see anyone from her side here," she remarked.

Sivaangi's face fell upon hearing her. She didn't know why her father is not here or no one bothered to inform him about the function. An awkward silence settled in the hall. Ashwin squizzed Sivaangi's hand assuring her he will take her off it. When he was about to respond Nilla and Shravan, Sivaangi's closest friends, entered the room, holding beautifully adorned plates of gifts. They both were wearing traditional attire with a smile adoring their lips.

Shravan's eyes sparkled with mischief as he spoke up " Well seems like someone asked about my Thalaivi's relatives so here we are"

Nilla nodded with a grin before saying "Absolutely! I'm Nilla and this is Shravan we are Siv's cousins. Actually, Ram uncle couldn't attend the ritual due to unavoidable work, but he wanted to ensure that his presence is felt through these gifts and his blessings."