~|19|~

DISCLAIMER

The content in this story is completely my imagination. It has nothing to do with reality. So read it as fan fiction don't connect it with reality.

***

The city was busy with people rushing towards their work, but it still managed to maintain a cool demeanour, providing a calm atmosphere. Priya said goodbye to Kandhan(Ashwin's father) as her college bus arrived, and Suja was cleaning Ashwin's room in preparation for the couple's arrival today. Kandhan entered the room to see what she was doing. 

"Suja?" Kandhan said clearing his throat.  

"Sollunga" Suja said changing the bedspread. 

"Have you placed all her photos in the store room as I said?" Kandhan asked. 

"Vechiten, analum ungaluku ivalo verapu agadhu, epayo nadandha visiyathukaga, neenga idhai ellam maraika pakuringa but one day they will know the truth" Suja huffed in annoyance seeing her husbands behaviour.  

"Nee enna sonnalum, en manasa matha mudiyadhu Suja, velaiya paru" Kandhan said with a poker face.

"Seri adha vidunga, at least speak to her like a father-in-law" Suja huffed. Kandhan ignored her and walked out of the room.

"Let me see how long you are going to hold this" Suja murmured looking at his retiring figure. 

***  

Ashwin honked the horn thrice to indicate their arrival as he drove into the gateway of their house. He parked the car and looked at Sivaangi, who was sleeping soundly. He smiled at her cute face, which had a pout, and noticed her messy hair and legs on the seat with her hand wrapped around her knees. Ashwin gently shook Sivaangi's shoulder to wake her up. She slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the bright sunlight streaming through the window.

"We're here," he said softly. 

Sivaangi yawned and stretched her arms before rubbing her eyes. She looked around, taking in the sight of Ashwin's house and the greenery that surrounded it.

"Ohh okay, sorry I sleep all the way" Sivaangi said her voice still groggy from sleep.

"Yeah that's fine" Ashwin replied with a laugh. 

"Why are you laughing at me," she asked raising her eyebrows at him. Ashwin pointed to her dishevelled hair controlling his smile. 

"What?" she asked and looked at her reflection in the front mirror. She clicked her tongue and quickly untangled and straightened her hair.

"Seri come on, amma is waiting for us," Ashwin said as he stepped out of the car and walked over to open the door for Sivaangi. 

"Thanks," Sivaangi said with a smile as she got out of the car.

They walked up to the doorstep and Suja took aarthi to them. Ashwin and Sivaangi touched the feet of Suja seeking blessings. Suja hugged them and said, "I am so happy that you both are finally here. It's been so long since I saw you both."

Sivaangi smiled at Suja's words and said "Yeah ma, I missed you a lot" 

As they entered the house, the aroma of the food filled their nostrils. Sivaangi's mouth watered at the sight of the delicious spread on the table. She couldn't wait to taste the food that was being served. Ashwin noticed her line of sight and smiled.

"Amma idhellam apuram pesalam, First enaku pasikudhu" Ashwin said side hugging Suja.

"Seri da vanga, very thing is ready." Suja said leading them to the dining table.