pilot: one

AUTHORS NOTE: hey u lovely people! this is my very first story and with the new season of outer banks out TODAY, i decided why not and finally gave in on releasing this. please enjoy and feel free to leave comments and lmk if anything needs to be fixed! another note, i do not want to make chapters too long or too short. if i feel like the chapter is two long, i'm going to split it into parts. for example, pilot: one. which is part one of the pilot episode. please enjoy!!!!!!

- lia :)

--------------------------------------------------

flashback: three months before summer

kook princess.

that was all i ever heard around me. i would get stares from people walking by me as i was shopping, at school, even on my own street. i felt judged, like something was wrong with me. of course, our family is praised and the most loved out of the entire outer banks. being a cameron isn't easy.

my father expects me to be higher than most. same with my other half, sarah cameron. we're twins, which means things were double expected. we have similarities and differences. one of them being i go to a normal high school instead of the kook academy. 7 hours outside the bubble wrap are the best moment of my life.

i decided ap history was too much work, so i switched into regular history that day. i walked out of the counseling office, down to mr. sunn's room. most of the desks were full, with kids on their phones, doing work, and talking to friends.

i didn't have any friends at school, so my reputation here was down a lot. i walked to the back of the classroom, sitting at the desk closest to the window. i opened my backpack, grabbed my notebook and pencil, and waiting quietly for the lesson.

the last bell rang and everyone was in their seats, waiting for mr. sunn to start. i watched as he put on his glasses, checking a paper in his hand. "class, we have a new student today." he said. everyone in the class started mumbling quietly as he continued. "please welcome spencer cameron into our wonderful classroom!"

i watched as everyone turned towards me. my heart was racing. it's not like i've never had this many eyes on me, but it was different. i just shot a quick smile and a small nod. i looked down at my desk and just stared.

i looked over to my left to see a brunette boy staring at me. i furrowed my brows and tilted my head. he sent a small wave. i stifled a laugh before sending one back. he looks familiar. before i could ask he quietly whispered something. "spence, it's me. john b." he said.

my eyes widen. duh, of course. he works for my dad on his boat. i didn't even realize, i guess that's how much i pay attention these days. "what are the odds, johnny." i whispered back. he shrugged and turned back towards the board.

little did i know that the next few months would be chaos and it was a matter of life or death.