dead calm: one

i sat on my bed as i felt jj's fingers press on my wrist. i winced in pain, trying to not be obvious. "it hurts, man." i groaned as he stepped away for a moment, grabbing something out of the first aid kit.

jj chuckled, looking at me. "i'm sorry, but it's the only way i can help." he replied, getting on his knees and using an alcohol wipe to clean the wound. "you have cuts and your wrist is swollen, we need to take care of it or else it'll get worse, and sleeping on it doesn't help either."

i rolled my eyes as jj grabbed some wrap and started putting it around my wrist. i watched his movement very carefully, just observing what he was doing. "what are you, a doctor?" i teased.

"i've broken enough wrists' and fingers to know how to take care of this." he said, finishing. his blonde hair fell perfectly onto his face, his expression was extremely focused, looking like he didn't want to mess up. jj pulled the last part of the wrap around my wrist, securing it tightly. "does that feel okay?"

i held up my wrist and wiggled my fingers, my wrist was unable to move which was super helpful so that i wouldn't be in a lot of pain. "yeah, it does." i smiled. he also smiled, looking down. "thank you."

jj nodded and stood up from his spot, throwing away the alcohol wipes in my mini trash can. "if your ever injured, you know where to find me." he said, coming to sit on my small couch in my room.

i sighed, placing my elbows on my thighs. jj looked at me with concern. "i don't know how i feel about the whole gold thing." i whispered, pressing my lips together. "i feel like it's just some big set up that will get us all killed. super sketchy."

jj hummed in response, his lighter flipping in his hands. "i mean it shouldn't matter to you, you're filthy rich anyways." he joked.

i rolled my eyes, chuckling a little. "good joke." i replied sassily. "so, what was the pulley system pope had in mind?"

jj shrugged. "i don't know, just something to get the gold out of the well." he replied, standing up and motioning towards the window. "but we should probably go meet up with them if we wanna pawn that piece of shit off for bills."

he smiled cockily as i got up from my bed and opened my window quietly. i let jj go first as he helped me out with grabbing my hand. luckily, my room wasn't far from the ground. we climbed down my secret ladder and walked to john b's house.

a/n- short filler chapter since in on vacay!