pilot: two

a/n- in this story, rafe won't be as mean to spencer as he is to everyone else! for right now, he has a soft spot for her. same goes for rose.

hurricane agatha was bound to hit outer banks tonight. i spent the last few hours getting everything i needed for the power outage. i made sure my portable charger was fully charged, same with my laptop and headphones. i was scrolling through my phone at the kitchen island as i heard a door open.

i looked behind me and saw my older brother, rafe, trudging through the kitchen. his eyes were bloodshot red. i chuckled. "hey, coke head." i said as he turned to face me.

he scoffed coming around the island. "shut up, spencer." he groaned. i pushed him my plate of strawberries as he took a couple and started eating. "you're the better twin. i could tell you anything and you wouldn't judge me or make fun of me."

i nodded in response. "i know." i smiled. "i'm not a big mouth, i've been keeping you being a druggie a secret for awhile." rafe walked over and put his elbow on my head. "ow."

he chuckled, smacking my arm and sitting down next to me. "yeah yeah. plus, i love you more than your twin, so that's gotta be a win for you."

i shook my head. "hmm, nah." i joked and he threw a strawberry at me. "hey!"

"see you later, bitch." he chuckled, walking out of the kitchen into our foyer. rafe was probably the best brother. even though he's a coke head, i still love him. he's never once betrayed me or has ever been mean to me. yes, we have our moments but we've learned to forgive and forget.

my dad followed through the door with rose, my stepmom by his side. "thanks for the strawberries, rose. they're super good." i beamed.

she looked back at me and smiled. "you're welcome. they're hand picked and from the best farmers market. of course they're gonna be good." she pecked my cheek before she left the kitchen through the other door.

my dad looked like he was gonna say something but opted against it. "i need you to latch the druthers with sarah and scooter grubbs." he said with a heart warming smile. "can you do that for me sweetheart?" i nodded. "thank you." and with that, he left the room.

i sighed, placing my hand on my chin and holding up my face. i sat there for a moment before i heard flip flops clicking down the hall. "spencer?" i heard a voice call out.

i got up from my seat and trudged towards the hallway. i walked in to see sarah facing towards me. "what?" i asked.

"the druthers, remember? scooter is already out there waiting." she pointed through the open door to our dock where i saw two silhouettes making movement, which i assumed was scooter and dad.

we both walked out towards the dock in our bikini tops and jean shorts. it was humid outside which was the perfect weather for the outer banks.

after about an hour i shut the last latch on the druthers and clapped my hands together. "nice job, spencer!" scooter said walking towards me. "this hurricane won't do a damn thing to this boat."

i laughed. "thanks." i started walking back towards the house to prepare for a long stormy night.