homecoming: one

we pulled ashore shortly after seeing the charelston bridge. i got off and pushed the anchor into the dry sand and dusted my hands, while john b grabbed the gas cans for the boat. we carefully helped sarah off the boat as she limped, now being able to walk on her own and we started walking towards civilization. "hey, listen." john b told us. "we're gonna get some gas, find a phone, and get out of here, okay?"

i furrowed my eyebrows as i stretched my arms, looking at john b. "how are we gonna pay for gas?" i asked reasonably.

"don't worry about it." he replied quickly as i rolled my eyes. "we'll figure it out."

we kept walking as we noticed a beach front little restaurant and food. i basically drooled at the sight of it. "we gotta get some food." john b said, walking. "follow my lead."

me and sarah nodded as we walked through the tables outside. john b walked right behind a server and bumped into him, purposely making the sever spill water all over the guy in the expensive jacket. i knew what he was playing at. sarah and i gasped and so did john b. "oh my gosh." john b said. "i am so sorry."

"you idiot." the guy yelled, taking off his jacket and glaring at john b. "this is a $1,700 jacket!" i slowly slipped into the guys back pocket, taking the money out and shoving it into my pocket, i tapped sarah letting her know i got it.

john b looked up not even phased. "a hundred percent on me." he said. "i'm sorry. i bumped into him."

"you're saying you're gonna pay for it?" the guy asked rudely as i rolled my eyes. rich people are so snobby, but i couldn't be talking because that's how i used to act.

john b shrugged. "i have no money." he replied honestly as me and sarah stood next to him. "i'm broke."

the guy looked us up and down and scoffed. "of course, you don't." he mumbled. "pathetic!"

sarah grabbed john b's arm and i followed behind and turned around. "there's no need for name calling, sir." i replied rudely and walked next to sarah.

"did you guys get it?" john b asked non-chalantly.

i furrowed my eyebrows as sarah chuckled. "get what?" i said holding up the money clip from the guys pocket.

john b sighed of relief as sarah grabbed it from my hand, holding it up. "we'll sugar mama you." she laughed as john b sighed of relief.

we walked for a little bit to a small gas station and john b placed down the cans. "how many hot dogs do you guys want?" he asked jokingly.

sarah rolled her eyes playfully and handed him the money clip. "okay, like fifty for me and fifty for spencer." she replied. i clapped my hands together as i started filling up the gas cans.

sarah squatted down next to me as john b went inside. i sighed to myself and sarah looked at me. "how do you think jj will react when he see's you?" she asked.

i exhaled deeply and shrugged. "who knows?" i mumbled. "i don't think we're on good terms considering he was basically yelling at me that i left with you guys." sarah looked at me with concern and i chuckled. "but it's fine. he'll get over it or he'll kill me. if im dead, you know why."

sarah laughed lightly as she turned around and hit my shoulder. i looked at her then looked behind me. i muttered to myself, it was the guy that we stole the money from, walking with his wife. at the worst timing, john b walked out and talked loudly with donuts stuffed in his mouth. "sh!" sarah shushed as she pointed directly towards the couple.

i face palmed and sighed dramatically. "hey! you!" the guy shouted as i jolted up wit the gas cans. "come here! thieves! you stole my money!"

he started running after us as we took off with the gas cans, trying to run as fast as we could. we ran across the street as a truck came right at us and john b shoved us out of the way. i panted, as i looked up. "freaking maniac!" i shouted. "they almost hit us!"