homecoming: two

jj and kie walked down the dock from the convenience store with two packs of beer and cheered silently, not trying to draw attention. before we left, me and sarah managed to take a shower and change into different clothes that didn't have blood stains on them. i had a yellow bathing suit on with a white button up and some denim shorts, matching with sarah.

as we rode back tot he chateau, jj tapped my arm where my gun shot graze was. " what happened there?" he asked curiously. "you've never had a scar there."

i sighed, rubbing my hands together. "while we were being shot at for getting the gold..." i started as he listened closely. "i got grazed by a bullet." jj's brow's furrowed together and raised slightly. he didn't say anything, just silence.

i didn't really care that much, i knew he was still pissed at me for leaving but i wasn't gonna let him ruin the fun. the sun started to fall below to  horizon and that's where the old fun started. jj turned on the lights to the cat's ass and i put my legs in, opening a can of beer. kiara was smoking a joint while sarah, john b, jj, and pope were shot gunning beers.

john b put on some music and everyone started dancing like crazy maniacs. jj put on his sunglasses and held his hand out to me. shocker, i was the only one who wasn't dancing. "come on, spencer. i know you wanna." he smiled, pretending that nothing happened.

i rolled my eyes and took his hand as he pulled me down into the grass. i started slowly dancing along then i got into the groove. i stopped for a moment to grab an empty beer box and put it on jj's head. i snickered as he looked around cluelessly.

we all sat in the hot tub as pope started rapping some bars. "i never got good grades in school. when i get out, i act like a fool." he rhymed. i nodded my head along to what he was saying. "they say i come in a party and cause a commotion. i'm smooth, yeah, call me lotion."

i threw my head back and laughed as i drank probably my fifth beer, and tossed the empty can to the side i stood up and got out of the hot tub and sarah grabbed my arm. "where are you going?" she asked.

i opened another beer and took a sip, thinking for a moment. "just to the end of the dock." i replied as i walked towards the marsh. i sighed to myself as i got further away from the music and closer to the water. i leaned against the wood railing as i looked up to the sky. silence was peaceful. i bit my lip and looked back down. being home was strange, knowing that dad knows i'm alive, and rafe. i chugged my beer and threw the can into the hms pogue.

i clearly wasn't alone when i heard someone clear their throat behind me. i turned around to see jj, standing couple steps away. i groaned to myself and turned back towards the water.

he came up next to me and leaned on the railing. the alcohol was starting to take over my body as i rubbed my eyes. "what are you doing here, jj?" i asked quietly, my words slurring. he stayed silent, still looking towards the water. "if you came here to argue, i don't have the mentality to do that right now."

i heard him sigh and shuffle. "spencer..." he started. i rolled shoulders back, ready to listen and possibly defend myself. "i just wanted to talk-"

"-yeah, right." i scoffed, rolling my eyes. "after you basically got mad at me." the blonde beside me stayed silent. "what is there to talk about, jj?" i turned to him with tears in my eyes. "i have spent week after week, thinking about you constantly, wondering how things would be when i got back."

jj licked his lips and started to talk but i spoke again. "you basically spat in my face, saying all this bullshit about how every moment we had was gone." i raised my voice. at this point i couldn't tell if i was talking or if it was the alcohol, spilling out whatever i was bottling up. "i'm sorry i left, okay! i'm sorry! i didn't have any other choice!"

tears were falling down my cheeks as i tried to control my breathing. jj tried grabbing my hand but i pulled away. "i'm too drunk to be doing this right now." i cried as i looked down sniffling. "i missed you, okay? i just-i care about you."

jj froze in his spot and blinked a couple times and furrowed his brows. "w-what?" he sputtered out.

i shook my head and pursed my lips. "i just got home not even twenty four hours ago and i wanna have a good night." i sighed, completely blowing off jj's comment to what i just said without realizing it. "can we just... please move on and not fight? i mean, i'm alive so..."

jj pulled me into a tight hug and wrapped his arms around me. i wrapped my arms around his neck, placing my face onto his shoulder. "i'm sorry, spencer." he muffled into my hair. the tears from my eyes fell even more. "i shouldn't have gotten upset. i was worried. i didn't wanna lose you like i was losing john b." i nodded as i pulled away and wiped the tears from my cheeks as jj kept his hands on my waist. he smiled down at me and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "you have no idea how much i missed you." he whispered.

a small smile slipped onto my face as we kept eye contact for a few moment. i watched his eyes flicker down to my lips then meet my eyes once again. my breath hitched as he slowly leaned in but i pulled my head back and patted his chest with my hands. i stepped back couple steps and started walking back to the chateau.

i held onto my arms and sighed to myself and closed my eyes. i picked up the empty beer box and groaned. "alright, kie-" i started but stopped when i realized her and pope were gone and john b was staring at a tree. while jj walked over to him, so i sat next to sarah who raised her brow with a small smirk. "nothing happened!" i laughed and she did also. "just yelling and a few tears."

sarah nodded and looked up then back to me. "but everything's fine now, right?" she asked.

i licked my lips and nodded. "yeah, i think so." i turned and looked to jj who was already smiling at me while talking to john b. i threw my head back and sighed. "i need another beer..." i stopped. "or like five."

sarah giggled as john b and jj walked over to us. jj started to talk but was interrupted by john b. "wait." john b said as we all got quiet. jj furrowed his eyebrows and looked to john b. "what was that?"

jj rolled his eyes. "your chicken?" he retorted.

i stood up slowly as i heard twigs crunch right behind the chicken coop. "someone's here." i whispered. jj started clucking like a chicken as i slapped my hand over his mouth. i threw water on the fire, slowly deteriorating it.

john b looked to me, sarah and jj, pointing up to the large tree behind us. we walked quietly, trying not to make noise as we climbed up. me and jj stayed close together on one branch while john b and sarah were together on one also. jj's hand slithered around my waist, making sure i didn't fall. i looked down to hear footsteps and whispers, but saw not one human being.

right as i thought that, i saw rafe step in front of the three, looking the opposite direction. i gasped as jj covered my mouth, pulling me closer. tears filled my eyes once again as i shook my head, wondering why rafe was here and if he saw us. it would be over. i heard glass break and i flinched. "yo!" i heard rafe yell. "find anything?"

i saw another person walk next to rafe. i shuddered as i saw barry. fuck. "no, ain't shit in there, bro." barry replied, holding a gun.

rafe grabbed his hair where i saw a gun in his hand also. "they were obviously just here based off the smoke!" he shouted angrily and pointed at the fire. "they're not far, you know?"

barry scoffed. "you know, your sisters are pogues for life, huh?" he replied, as they looked at the memorial for me, sarah, and john b. "now who would've thought?"

i turned to jj with terrified eyes as he put a finger to my lips and rubbed my arm gently. "shit!" i heard rafe yell as i flinched, closing my eyes and breathing heavily. then he pointed the gun at the tree and started shooting. i covered my head as jj wrapped his arms around me. i tried not to scream as barry moved rafe's arm facing up, making the bullets shoot towards us.

they stopped quickly as barry shouted at rafe. i slowly looked up to see that they were gone. i saw one of the bullets hit the tree right next to me and jj as i sighed of relief, dragging my hands down my face.