parcel 9: one

it had been a few days since john b's fall. i didn't leave the house. i knew he was living here, so i made small talk but after seeing everything i didn't feel like socializing at all. i haven't talked to jj in days. he was on my mind. i heard a knock on my door, sending me out of my thoughts. john b and sarah opened the door. "get dressed." sarah said. "we're going to john b's to go over the plan."

i nodded and quickly got dressed. we headed over there asap and sat on the porch. i fiddled with my fingers, waiting for everyone to arrive. when kie came and opened the door, she was in disbelief. "no effing way!" she shouted. "you brought them here? so what? they're in this now?"

i rubbed my head, her yelling gave me a headache. jj placed his elbows on his thighs. "look, all i care about is that their cut comes out of your share." he pointed at john b. i shot him a glare as i rolled my eyes, looking back down at the floor, not wanting to argue.

john b rolled his eyes and kie continued. "you know, i don't remember taking a vote." she said. "this is our thing. a pogue thing."

i heard pope shift from sitting next to jj. "i gotta say, i'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." he said.

i mentally slapped myself, tucking some hair behind my ear. john b turned to pope. "when are you not?" he asked.

" i dunno. i rode here on the back of jj's bike pretty comfortably." he replied in hostility. i sighed, throwing my head back on the couch.

jj nodded. "its true." he said. "most relaxed i've ever seen him."

kie scoffed, ignoring the boys. "you know, we were all extremely comfortable until you brought these two."

"stop talking about us like we're not here!" sarah shouted. my eyes shot up slightly, not making eye contact with anyone.

kie crossed her arms, glaring at both of us. "then leave." she shrugged.

sarah scoffed and turned to john b. "i told you." she said.

"told him what exactly?" kie budged in. "that you two are liars."

i glared at kie. daggers shooting through my eyes into hers. "no, that you're a shit talking bitch, kiara!" i yelled.

i heard jj chuckle and lean down in his seat. "oh shit!" he laughed.

her and sarah started going back and forth as i groaned, shaking my head. "everyone shut up!" i heard john b yell. i turned my head to face him and sarah glared at kie. "kie, you are my best friend, right?" she crossed her arms. "and sarah, you're my..."

i saw a small smile on sarah's face and she nodded. "say it." she mumbled.

john b chuckled and sighed. "you're my girlfriend."

jj and pope snickered. "that's new." i turned my head to glare a jj who put his hands up in defense.

kie's face dropped when she heard that. "she's your girlfriend now?" she asked. i saw her glare at me before looking back to john b. "what was all that talk about you were just using them for information?" i closed my eyes and took a deep breath. i knew it. of course he did. two rich girls combined with a treasure hunt, it all pieced together. "get the map, cut them loose."

sarah pursed her lips and looked down. "you said you were using us?" she asked, her voice slightly cracking.

i scoffed and crossed my arms. "i hope he's kidding." i said to jj.

he slowly shook his head as john b denied it. "yeah, you said those things." he said, pointing to john b. 

john b placed his fingers on the bridge of his nose and sighed. "look, love just walked in okay?" i heard kie gag and so did i honestly. that was so cheesy. i glaced at jj who was playing with a pocket knife. i rolled my eyes. "i didn't expect it, okay? it just happened, and i'm not gonna deny it."

i took a deep breath in and exhaled. "i think i just threw up in my mouth." i mumbled.

kie scoffed and rolled her eyes again. this girl has some attitude. "look, cut the bullshit john b." she argued. "If they're in, i'm out."

john b ran a hand through his hair. "i'm not doing this." he replied. "i cant!"

kie placed her hand on the door handle to the porch. "you are gonna decide." she demanded. "i'm very interested, actually. me or them?"

it went silent. john b looked between us and kie. jj was covering his mouth and betting money with pope. immature. i gave john b a disappointing look. after everything we've done he still treats us like shit. i gulped. "both." he whispered.

jj and pope let out a noise. "went for the hail mary." one of them mumbled. 

kie shook her head and walked out the door behind her and slammed it. i stayed silent, rubbing my forehead. i felt a gaze on me and didn't think anything of it. "it'll be fun, right?" sarah said. "we're gonna leave."

"sarah, don't." john b grabbed her arm.

sarah laughed, dusting off her thighs and standing up from her spot. "gonna let y'all chat. let us know." she added. "you coming?"

i nodded. "yeah, just give me a second." sarah nodded before walking out the same door. i seethed through my teeth. "you know, i really thought i could trust you, john b. after what kie said, and i'm not saying i do or don't believe her, i don't know if i can trust you with my sister or me." he didn't say anything. i looked over to jj who looked away and looked down.

i scoffed, shaking my head. with that i walked out to join sarah and walked home.