the heist: three

i stood on the porch, looking at the trees. they swayed back and forth with the small breeze picking up, making them sway more. i tried to avoid sarah at all costs this morning after what she said to me. i licked my lips as i felt a tap on my shoulder.

i turned around and it was john b and sarah. she didn't even bother to look at me. john b shifted uncomfortably with the tension between me and sarah. "you ready?" he asked.

i looked away and down at my feet. i nodded hesitantly. "yeah, yeah. i'm ready." i said quietly as sarah threw me a cover up, hat and bandana. she quickly left as i sighed, and i looked to john b. "she still mad at me?"

he shrugged, scratching his arm. "probably." he replied as i nodded, pursing my lips. "but she's your sister, dude. you know she means well."

i rolled my eyes and put on the hat sarah gave me. "you don't know what she said." i mumbled before walking past him.

everyone loaded up into one of terrance's truck. me and sarah sat in the bed as we drove to the cane fields. sarah looked up at me while i looked out at the can fields. "hey." she said quietly. i turned to look to her. she stayed silent for a moment and grabbed my hand. "i'm sorry about what i said, okay?" i nodded and looked away. "i'm just... worried for all of us."

i looked back to her and sighed. "it's okay." i replied shortly. sarah pressed her lips and nodded. "just don't say shit like that again."

she sighed and nodded again. i laid my head on her shoulder and let out a deep exhale as we stopped, clearly arriving at our destination. we got out of the truck and watched as terrance drove off. me, john b, and sarah stayed silent as we called stubbs to get a run down on the gold, while we went into hiding in the crops.

"i got a truck and two defenders." he said through the phone.

i furrowed my brows, obviously knowing da would use extra security to get the gold to the airport. "but it's just our dad in the truck with the gold, right?" i asked, looking to sarah who bit her lip in anticipation.

i heard stubbs shuffle. "its two in the truck." he replied quietly.

my mouth dropped open as i looked to sarah, who was looking right at me with wide eyes. "two?" she asked, just to confirm. sarah sighed and closed her eyes, shaking her head. "rafe."

"two defenders, front and back." stubbs said.

john b held onto his backpack tightly, and sighed. "are they armed?" he asked stupidly. i rolled my eyes, of course they would be armed.

"to the teeth." stubbs answered.

terrance shuffled through the phone also, who cleo was with. "pistols?" he asked.

"ak's." stubbs answered sternly.

i watched as john b loaded up the gun that we had and i held my breath. this was really happening. i looked around at our surroundings. it was hot and sticky. sweat once again fell down my face and i wiped it off, groaning.

a few minutes passed as i heard a truck pull up, my hands started shaking as i grabbed my bandna that was around my neck, and pulled it up to cover most of my face. sarah did the same and squeezed my shoulder. we watched as dads truck stopped and they stepped out, and terrance and cleo held gun's to his and rafe's head. "okay, its go time." john b whispered.

my breath was shaky as terrance waved us through. "go! go, hurry!" he shouted as we sprinted towards the truck full of gold. we reached the truck within seconds but someone spoke out. "sarah, spencer?"

i froze in my spot as i looked to sarah, who had a terrified look on her face. we brought our bandana's down and turned around to see our dad looking right at us. "girls, you're alive!"he shouted and i saw him start to tear up. "you guys are alive!"

my heart dropped as i started breathing heavily. i shook my head. dad got up and started walking towards us. he kept yelling that we were alive and that he misses us. i looked to sarah who shook her head also. john  b pushed us both behind him. "stay back." he said holding up his hand.

i noticed cleo step behind ward with her knife. "don't talk to them!" she shouted.

dad cried out with a smile. "i love you!" he shouted to us.

i hid behind john b as me and sarah clanged onto each other for dear life. then i saw john b pull out his gun, slowly pointing it at our dad, telling him to stay back. terrance and cleo were shouting at him and rafe to get on the ground. john b slowly moved his finger on the tripper, as i saw rafe pull out his gun quickly.

i gasped as i stepped back, holding onto sarah, hyperventilating. tears in my eyes formed as cleo knocked the gun out of rafe's hand and he shot. i felt a sharp pain through my shoulder as i shook it off, hoping i didn't just get shot. terrance hit dad with the barrel of the gun, knocking him onto the floor. i watched as sarah held onto the side of the truck, leaning over a little. john b quickly ran over to the drivers side and climbed into the seat, starting the truck.

i pushed sarah into the middle and i closed the door, sitting by the window. i kept hearing dad call our names as john b drove off. the defenders quickly sped up to us as we tried but the gold weighed us down. i looked at the side of my arm and realized it was bleeding like crazy. "shit." i mumbled to myself. i look to john b. "is there anyway to make this thing go faster?"

he shook his head. "hold on!" she shouted as he quickly drifted to the left onto a tiny road and drove right into the cane fields. we watched the men go by as i sighed of relief, still holding my arm. sarah noticed quickly. "spencer, you're bleeding." she said worriedly.

john b turned around to look behind us and laughed. "guys, we did it, we got the gold." he said happily as he looked down and saw my arm. "holy-"

"just grazed." i reassured as i groaned in pain. i looked down at sarah, who was holding her abdomen. i looked at her hands, noticing she was bleeding more than i was. "oh my god." i shouted as john b turned.

sarah looked up to both of us with her face starting to turn pale. "i'm shot." she mumbled.