the bell tower: two

the blue sky turned dark as i made my way to, hopefully, where the pogues would be. the bright lights of the police station revealed a familiar looking green suv. i sighed of relief as i limped over and knocked on the window of the drivers side. kie rolled down the window and gasped. "kie." i smiled lightly, whispering.

her mouth dropped as she looked at the state of my body, cut up, messy, and dirty. "spencer, what the hell happened?" she asked as john b, pope, and jj looked at me with worry.

i gulped, looking down at the ground. "i... well funny story." i chuckled a little. "i, kind of, jumped out of rafe's car." i held my hand up before they could speak. "i walked all the way here. my dad... he flew the gold out to the bahama's. i'm so sorry."

kie shook her head. "get in the car, we can't leave you here." she said, unlocking the doors. she looked at me with a concerned look. "i'm not leaving you alone again."

i looked at jj's head peeking through the middle, between kie and john b. his expression was looking from my face, down to my shoulders. i swallowed thickly and shook my head. "no, my dad is probably looking for me." i replied, shakily. "i-i have to go get sarah."

they all nodded and jj stepped out of the car. i looked at him with confusion as he got close to me. i heard kie's window roll up and sighed. "i'm glad you're safe." he said. "listen, spenc-"

sirens sounded loudly as i looked at him with a desperate look and backed away. "i'm sorry." i whispered as i started limping away from the police station and back to tannyhill, leaving jj in the dust. again.

i cursed to myself as i heard sirens behind me and a cop car stop. i huffed as the window rolled down. "spencer cameron?" i heard shoupe's voice.

i closed my eyes then looked towards him. "hey, officer." i faked smiled.

his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes looked at me up and down, obviously seeing my injuries. "what happened to you?" he asked. "your dad's been looking all over for ya."

shit, shit, shit. i quickly made up an excuse. "oh, i just fell off my bike, going down a hill." i replied. a light bulb went off. i couldn't say anything to the police yet until i got sarah. "actually, can you, uh, take me home?"

shoupe nodded as he opened the passenger door. the car ride was silet, but we quickly got to tannyhill and i ran inside the house. i heard dad's voice echo through the house as i ran up the stairs quietly to sarah's room. i opened the door and smiled once i saw her.

the tears from her face stopped as soon as she saw me. i hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go. "i was so worried." she mumbled into my shoulder. "dad has the police looking for you."

i nodded. "i know, i got here as quick as i could." i replied. sarah bit her lip and looked down. "hey, john b's okay. i saw him just a little bit ago. they're at the police station."

sarah sighed of relief as we both stayed silent. it was already late so i just laid on sarah's bed as slumber took over my body.