the gold: two

we walked up to a fancy hotel with tourists gathered in the front, cars unloading suitcases, and more. the scorching sun was burning my face and i wiped more sweat off. "spencer, are you sure about this?" he asked worriedly, walking close to sarah.

i nodded, still out of breath from our police runout. "it's the safest place for us to be." i replied simply. "its not to shabby, eh?"

john b rolled his eyes and groaned. "a five star hotel?" he asked as i heard sarah jab him in the stomach.

"don't question spencer's abilities, john b." she scolded. i laughed quietly as i heard her tone. we walked inside and the cold breeze really hit me, cooling me down instantly. john b said something to sarah. "follow our lead, just act like you know what you're doing."

i plastered a fake smile on my face, nodding and acknowledging everyone that walked by to not seem suspicious, but when john b did it, it looked just plain wrong. i laughed to myself as me and sarah turned and he kept going straight. "this way." sarah said, grabbing his arm and dragging him towards us.

we walked past a worker and he came up behind us, as we kept walking. "excuse me." he called out, we stopped. i closed my eyes and moved in front of john b and sarah, with again, a fake smile. "may i help you?" he asked.

sarah smiled. "actually yes." she said happily. "do you have any bottled water? maybe voss, or fiji-"

the worker looked at all three of us up and down suspiciously and shook his head. "no." he responded. john b gave him a weird look.

i gasped with happiness as a waitress with three drinks walked by us, i grabbed them and gave one to john b and one to sarah. "oh!" i said sipping the drink slowly. "i am so parched." i chuckled softly, looking to my sister. "i cannot wait to get out of these clothes. what time is our reservation?"

sarah shrugged her shoulders and turned to john b. "do you remember what time, because i forgot!" she let out the most fakest laugh.

john b hesitated before turning to the worker. "four-thirty ish." he said with a smile.

the worker raised his eyebrows and i sipped my drink, trying to hoold the urge to not chug it down. "you have a reservation?" he asked with a disgusted tone.

sarah nodded with a serious tone. "yes." she scoffed, not wanting to argue with this guy. "we have a harbor-view king on the third floor, and we have been patrons of your hotel for years."

i nodded, after sipping some of my drink, looking right at the worker. "and i'll be very sure the manager knows of your hospitality..." i quickly looked down at his name tag then back up to him. "...elliot, thank you."

i turned around and walked out one of the arches to the back of the hotel as john b and sarah followed once again. i walked up stairs as john b walked next to me. "you guys stayed here?" he asked.

i smiled. "yeah, i mean, not anymore." i responded as we walked up. "when the family house was being built."

the cool breeze really helped my sweating problem as we climbed the stairs to the roof. we ran into a maid where i noticed john b take a couple things and her phone. when we reached the roof, the sun glared into my eyes, causing me to block it with my hand. "you guys didn't tell me you lived on a beach filled with rollers that just slide in all day." john b said as we walked along the roof.

sarah chuckled, looking at the view. "like spencer said, when we were kids, building the vacation house right over there." she said, pointing to the side of the hotel.

i bit my lip and sat down, admiring the view of the ocean. "i bet that's where the gold is." john b said, clinging onto his backpack straps.

"promise me you won't do anything stupid." i heard sarah say as they were still looking at the vacation house.