pilot: three

i woke up from the sun glaring through my blinds. i rubbed my eyes and sat up against my headboard. i heard drills and hammering coming from outside. i took off my sheets from my bed and slowly got up. i walked over to my closet to get sweatpants and a t-shirt. i changed quickly and ran downstairs.

i saw rose towards the bottom and walked down fairly slow. "morning, rose. morning, dad." i said while yawning.

rose looked behind her and saw me. "morning, sweetheart. how'd you sleep?" she asked. i shrugged. after a few seconds of silence, the power turned back on.

i heard my dad sigh as i saw a woman standing next to him, looking pretty worried. "let there be generators." he mumbled.

rose scoffed. "thank god." she replied. "it's like living in nicaragua." she then turned and smiled at me while walking back up the stairs.

i looked back down to see my dad still stare at me. "spencer, did you see scooter after you and sarah were done latching the druthers?" he asked.

i looked towards the woman and shook my head. "i'm sorry but i haven't seen him since then. is he okay? did something happen?" i asked worriedly.

my dad sighed and shook his head. "probably, i'm sure he's okay." he said, placing his hands on his hips. "im gonna go talk to sarah. follow me lana."

they both walked out the back door as i leaned on the stairs. i thought about scooter. not coming home after a storm? that's odd. was he really out somewhere? after a few minutes of thinking, i saw sarah walk through the back door. "did dad ask you about scooter?" she asked.

i nodded. "yeah, but i haven't seen him since yesterday. what did he say to you?"

she sighed, running a hand through her long hair. "he kept saying to his wife that he's 'hunkered down' somewhere. which i find that super odd. you don't just disappear after a storm."

i chuckled. "that's exactly what i said." i replied. "oh well. i guess."

sarah shrugged. "well, i'm gonna go out with topper for a little bit." she said. "if there's any parties or anything i'll text you." before she walked out the door she looked back at me. "love you twin."

i smiled. "love you too twin." she shut the door and i went back upstairs to my room and took a nap.

bzz.
bzz.

i opened my eyes. it was bright. ugh, light be gone please. i turned to my side and grabbed my phone.

two messages from twin flame

twin flame: spencer
twin flame: wake up bitch

twin spencer: what do u want whore
twin spencer: i'm tryna sleep

twin flame: ur dreams can wait
twin flame: party tonight at da boneyard
twin flame: me n topper will be there soon so GET READY NOW
twin flame: love you 🥰

i chuckled, shutting off my phone and running towards my closet. i shifted through my crop tops and found a plain black short sleeve. next, i pulled my drawers open finding a bikini and shorts. i quickly got dressed, fixed my hair and makeup, and put on my famous white converse.

i heard someone walking up the stairs so i opened my door and sarah was standing outside. "come on." she said grabbing my hand and practically sprinting down the stairs.

we hopped into toppers car and he pressed on the gas.

tonight was gonna be a wild night.