homecoming: three

i fell asleep on the porch of the chateau with jj right next to me. "hey, wake up." i whispered as i smacked his face lightly, making him jolt up. we both got up and grabbed a backpack as we saw john b and sarah and ran to the dock. kie and pope pulled up just in time as we ran to them. "guys!"

kie and pope looked to us in confusion. "guys, don't tie up. stop!" jj shouted as we reached them quickly and walked down to the boat. "we're dipping."

pope frowned and looked to me. "why?" he asked. "we slept on the break."

i stopped to pope and poked his cheek. "yeah, right." i chuckled and looked to kiara. "sleep." john b helped sarah into the boat as i sat down. "rafe knows we're here. we need to go, like, right now."

john b quickly started the boat as kie and pope got in and we went somewhere where we thought nobody would find us. boy, was i wrong. we all sat in a circle in a small forest. i placed my elbows on my thighs as i talked. "look, if barry and rafe know, its only a matter of time." i said, looking at the others.

john b scoffed. "before everyone knows." he mumbled.

jj threw his hands up in the air as i bit my lip and looked to sarah who was doing the same thing. "i told you." jj scoffed at john b. "we should've just gone south, man! why does no one listen."

john b stepped to jj and grabbed his shoulders. "i get it!" john b shouted. "i understand."

"i have an idea." sarah said as i shot my head towards her as everyone did the same. she gulped and sighed. "with me and spencer back, our dad is gonna have to choice between us and rafe." i rolled my eyes and shook my head, placing my head in my hands. "he's gonna choose us."

"hey, listen." john b started as i raised my head. "ward keeps lying to you and spencer, sarah."

kie sighed and nodded in agreement. "he won't agree after all that's happened." she replied sadly.

i thought sarah was nuts, going back to dad, but she kinda had a point. "it sounds crazy, but i'm with sarah on this one." i defended as everyones head turned . "he's our dad. we know him, and we know he love's us and would do anything to keep me and sarah safe. just two hours." jj scoffed, holding his hands behind his head, i sighed, looking back down.

everyone stayed silent as sarah got up and walked towards the hms pogue. i followed her before i felt someone grab my arm and spin me around. of course, jj. "spencer, are you guys nuts?" he asked concerned. i looked at him with desperate eyes. "just be safe, please."

i held my hand up to make him stop talking. "trust us, okay?" i whispered as i rested my hand on his cheek before turning around and getting in the boat with sarah.

she muttered something before setting off into the marsh. we were surprisingly close as she docked the boat. i got off and tied the boat, and looked at sarah, who grabbed my hand and smiled. we looked at our home in front of us. i sighed shakily as we walked up the dock, towards the property.

as soon as we got there we heard our names. "spencer, sarah?" the voice asked as we looked up. dad was standing next to his truck with the door opened as he smiled. we stopped in our track, terrified of what was gonna happen. "girls?" he said walking towards us quickly.

he ran up to us as i held my hand out, keeping the distance. "stay back." i shouted calmly. "stay back!"

dad put his hands up in surrender and i saw tears fill his eyes. "i'm back." he sighed as he stepped back a few feet. "i'm so happy, i'm sorry."

sarah looked to the side then looked back to dad. "where's rafe?" she asked bluntly as i glared at dad.

dad shrugged and looked around then back to us. "uh.. i-i don't know. he's not home." he sputtered out as he looked down at sarahs bandage and mine that was on my arm from when we got shot. "you girls okay?" he motioned to the wounds.