pilot: four

we arrived at the boneyard right as the sun started to set. apparently, the kegger was being held by the pogues. we were always at each others throats just because we're richer and have more privileges. like it's not like we had a choice to be born kooks.

the night sky came fast and i was waiting in line for drinks while sarah was with topper. finally it was my turn. "two, please." i told the blonde boy in front of me.

he looked up at me and scoffed. "well if it isn't the kook princess." he said. i furrowed my brows. "well one out of the two."

i rolled my eyes. "look, i don't know who you are or what the hell your problem is." i stepped a little closer to him. "but all you need to do is hand me the drinks and tell me to have a nice god damn night." the blonde was stunned for a second. i stood there glaring at him while one of the cups were overflowing with beer. "you're spilling the drink."

the blonde quickly snapped and handed me the two cups. "have a nice god damn night." he smiles cockily. "but i can make it an even better night.."

i gagged. "no thanks, sancho." i replied. "i'll pass."

i started walking away as i heard him yell something. "it's jj by the way, not sancho!"

i chucked as i walked back to sarah and topper. i handed sarah her drink and as the night went on i got a little more than tipsy. i made out with two tourons and one kook. thank god i wont remember this.

time went by fast and soon enough i was standing next to sarah watching jj who was next to john b. "sarah, can i interest you in a tasty milwaukee beverage? since your sister is a bitch." he laughed.

sarah shook her head politely with a smile, grabbing onto my hand tightly. "no thanks." she replied sweetly.

jj looked me in the eyes, daring to make eye contact as i glared back. "is it not fancy enough for you two?" he teased as i saw john b laugh out of the corner of my eye.

i scoffed and shook my head. "n-no actually, um." i breathed. "we're just now leaving."

topper suddenly pushed me and sarah behind him and started walking towards jj. "you know what? i'll take it." he said trying to grab the drink out of jj's hand. "thank you, man. i appreciate it."

jj kept moving the drink away from topper. "that's nice, but i didn't ask you." he replied, trying to get around him. "if you said pretty please, maybe."

"pretty please." topper said sarcastically as jj got closer to sarah.

he smiled. "here you go, princesses." he slurred a little bit. "you guys can have it."

i saw topper's jaw clench and his fists ball up. "they don't want it you-" he smacked the beverage out of jj's hand making it spill all over him.

me and sarah gasped as jj looked up towards topper. john b noticed that jj was trying to grab topper and quickly pulled him back. "you're so funny man." jj yelled as he turned around and started walking away.

topper laughed. "dirty pogues!" he yelled. i watched as john b turned around and socked topper in the face. i looked in horror as topper grabbed his cheek and went after john b.

topper sent both of them toppling towards the ground, throwing punches towards each other. sarah and i watched from the front where everyone circled around. i heard voices telling them to stop and something about being incognito. "guys, stop!"i heard sarah yell next to me.

the boys made their way towards the shore of the ocean, the waves crashing below their knees. i definitely sobered up and watched as topper and john b threw more punches. "john b, don't make me drown you like your old man." topper threatened.

my jaw fell open as they still went at it. i heard sarah yelling. everyone around was cheering and i sat in my place speechless. i noticed topper kick john b to the ground and grabbed his head and started pushing it down into the water. that's when words finally came out. "topper, oh my god stop!" i screamed.

sarah was yelling and her voice cracked. i watched as jj came up behind topper and put something to his head. i moved to the side to get  better view. when i saw the gun jj was holding, i froze in my place. "yeah, you know what that is." jj sneered as topper froze, still holding john b. "your move, broski."

sarah started slowly walking towards the boys with her hands in front of her. "jj, put the gun down!" she yelled.

he turned to face her. "did you say something, princess?" he shouted back. i saw topper release his hands from john b, sending john b breathing recklessly for air. his mouth moved but i couldn't hear him.

i looked towards my worst enemy. kiara carrera. i hated her with everything in me. her presence made my blood boil. "kie, can you check your psycho friend, please?" i yelled. she gave me a dirty look.

i looked towards jj who was holding his arm up with the gun in his hand. "okay, everyone, listen up." he yelled. "get the hell off our side of the island."

he pulled the trigger and sent two shots into the air.