the phantom: two

me and john b sat in silence. "you like him don't you?" john b asked me. i furrowed my eyebrows as he looked at me. "you like jj, right?"

i nodded and buried my face into my hands. "i didn't even get to tell him." i whispered.

before john b was about to say something, i heard my twins voice. "spencer! john b!" i shot up from my spot as i saw her running towards the edge of the dock.

i cried happily as john b tested up, steering the boat so sarah could climb on. "what are you doing here? i didn't think you were coming. you weren't at the dock." he cried a little.

sarah sighed of relief. "you guys were just gonna leave without saying goodbye?" she asked. i hugged her tightly as john b did the same.

the sky became darker as he started going out into open water, having a view of all the tents put up for the search of john b. "holy shit." i mumble. suddenly a crack of thunder is heard around us and the power goes out.

sarah looked around frantically as we slowly moved. "hey we're gonna make it. we just gotta go north, through the swamp and-"

"follow the north star." sarah finished as the lights around us started to come on again. i climbed onto sarah. "john b, the lights!"

i gasped as everything around us was now powered. john b tried starting the boat but it sputtered. "is it not turning over?" i asked. i went over to check the engine and it started working again and john b god sped us out.

the rain from the tropical storm that was coming was pouring as i held onto a metal bar and sarah. "we have to go south!" john b started.

"into the storm?" me and sarah shouted as he nodded.

the waves were high, sending big waves onto the boat as the coast guard was chasing after us. suddenly a crackle came on the radio. "john b?" dads voice came through.

my jaw dropped. "john b i know you're out there son. i know you care hear me, and if you love my daughters, you will bring them back. i know you love sarah more than anything and care about spencer like she's your sister, please bring them home safely."

i shook my head and sarah did the same. "he's a liar! don't listen to him." we shouted.

john b shaking hand, picked up the radio and pressed the button to speak. "ward cameron, do you hear me?" he asked. "you killed my father, and you framed me for a murder i didn't commit. you took everything from me!" he shouted. "but im still here, and i swear to god ward, i will come back and take what's mine."

he placed the radio back on the dash as the storm got worse. "what would you do if we weren't here?" sarah shouted through the thunder and rain.

"i'd rather die than go to jail, sarah." he shouted back.

sarah smiled a little. "i'd rather die than be without you." she said as i smiled at their moment.

john b gasped and he yelled. "hold on!" all three of us clinged each other as a big wave come onto our boat, flipping it.

after that, everything turned black.

THIRD POV

jj, pope, and kiara sat in the tent, waiting for news on their three friends. jj was frantically shaking his leg, wondering about spencer and what he couldn't say. shoupe then walked in and all three of them stood up.

"did you find them?" kie asked worriedly.

shoupe stayed silent and shook his head. "so they got away?" pope asked.

shoupe sighed. "we uh... we lost them." he said.

all three of their faces dropped. "what do you mean you lost them? like, they're gone?" pope asked again.

"they took a boat into a tropical depression, pope." shoupe answered.

kie shook her head. "so they're dead?" she asked.

shoupe shrugged and look at the teens. "we don't know."

jj shook his head in disbelief. there's no way they could be dead. "you drove them straight through the storm, man!" he shouted. "come here!"

he lunged at shout as kie and pipe held him back, trying to stop him. kie and pipes parents came into the tent, hugging their children.

jj stood alone, holding back his tears as pipes parents brought him into their hug.

all their cries were heartbreaking. their best friends dying in a boat, in a tropical storm. jj lost the one person he wanted and that was spencer. he should've said something sooner to her. now he'll never be able to see her again.

kie was heartbroken, losing her three best friends. she sobbed in her parents arms, saying. "they're gone. they're gone."

pope was destroyed beyond belief. nothing could've prepared him for this moment, john b was his best friend.

all three of the friends came together and hugged.

wondering if there was a slight chance john b, spencer, and sarah were alive, but what they didn't know was...

they were.

FIRST PERSON POV

i woke up with a slight pain on my head and heard people calling my name. "spencer wake up!" sarah voice called. i slowly opened my eyes as john b and sarah were holding onto the boat that was upside down. i swam over to them, clinging onto the side.

i look around and see nothing but ocean. "there's a boat!" john b shouted and pointed behind me. i turned around and laughed with relief. he took the gold and used the sun to reflect light to get the boats attention. "h-hey! over here!" he shouted.

"help! help us!" i screamed loudly as i heard the boats horn honk.

sarah smiled. "they see us!" she yelled.

the boat made its way towards us slowly, helping us climb out of the cold water. they wrapped blankets around us and brought us to the cock pit of the boat. "oh, man, you three are lucky that we came through here." the man said, handing us coffee. i sipped the warm liquid and shuddered. "is there anyone we can call?"

i shook my head. "we don't really have anyone to call." i shivered, wrapping the thin blanket closer to me.

the man chuckled as he made me and sarah sit. "you just made my day a whole lot more interesting." he said and i laughed slightly. "where in the hell were you guys trying to get to?"

john b sighed. "could you just drop us off at the next port?" he asked.

the captain chuckled as he looked between us. "nassau." was all he said and turned back to the dash.

sarah and i gasped. john b smiled. "the bahamas." he whispered.

i looked to sarah with a big smile. "the gold." i said quietly as john b smiled down at us.

the radio played as we finally realized we were getting what we wanted back into our hands.