the forbidden zone: three

i stared at the empty couch in my room. the sheets were messed up and a blanket was on the floor. letting jj spend the night probably wasn't a good idea. i heard a knock on my door, interrupting me from my thoughts. "hi." i heard sarah whisper as she opened my door. "are you awake?"

i groaned, flopping myself backwards on my bed. "no." i mumbled. i then flipped over on my stomach as sarah sat next to me with a sad look. "what's wrong?"

she sighed, shaking her head."i need to tell you what happened with topper. we almost did the uh..."

i gasped, covering my mouth. "you guys almost  did it?" i exclaimed. "what- how-"

sarah chuckled, moving her hair behind her shoulders. "yeah, but when it came down to it, i just... i don't know it happened so fast." she said with a saddened look on her face.

"did he get mad? did he stomp?" i joked, trying to make her feel better.

she laughed again. "yeah, he's a stomper." she replied. "you know what i say, if it feels right then.."

"its time." i finished. "did it feel right with him?"

she sighed, rubbing her eyes. "yeah, it did. he was so sweet the entire day."

i nodded, crossing my legs. "so why didn't you?" i tilted my head to the side.

she bit her lip and stayed silent for a second. "i don't know."

that afternoon, i decided it was best to talk some shit into john b after the stunt he pulled on me and sarah.

i got on my bike a rode to his house. when i got there, i grabbed my bag with a thing of popcorn. he was sitting down, working on some sort of plan. "its your turn." i stood behind him crossing my arms.

he turned around to face me and looked shocked. "uh, for what?" he asked

i rolled my eyes. "to ask me what i'm doing here." i replied.

"what are you doing here?"

i chuckled and shook my head. "me and sarah didn't get a chance to respond the other day after you spat, and yelled in our faces, and stormed off like a child." i explained. he furrowed his eyebrows. "so first off, we're not liars. we don't know how ward found out about the scuba gear, but i swear it was not us. we are not the reason you got fired."

"okay." thats all john b said. i scoffed and reached into my bag, i threw the bag of popcorn at him and walked away.