the heist: two

terrance handed us a phone. "you girls get an hour to call whoever you want, then we'll get you guys your own phone, but remember, you're only calling to help with the gold." he said as we nodded. he handed us his phone as we smiled. every since we made that deal, we've all been getting along, me and cleo have started talking a lot more, figuring out that we were kind of the same.

i looked up to sarah. "we need to call wheezie." i said and sarah nods. "she knows the most information."

sarah dialed her number into the phone, we ut it on speaker and let it ring. she didn't answer the first time, so we tried again, and the ringing stopped. "stop calling me, spam." we heard her voice through the phone.

i laughed and started tearing up. no words could describe how much we missed wheezie. "wheezie?" me and sarah both asked in unison.

"who is this?" she asked.

i chuckled. "its us." i said trying to to laugh at her antics.

"me who?"

sarah laughed and spoke into the phone as i bit my lip. "its u, are you dumb?" she chuckled.

wheezie spoke again, but she faked a laugh. "really funny sick joke." she responded really annoyed.

i held up my hand to sarah as i spoke. "if it wasn't us, how would we know that you pissed yourself in fourth grade during gym class." i laughed. "hi."

"wait, wait. no way! spencer, sarah? is it really you?" she sounded excited as i felt a few tears drop on my cheeks as i laughed. "oh my god!"

we shushed her so that way she wouldn't draw attention to anyone who was in the house. "hey, we need you to keep this on the down-low, okay?" sarah asked and we heard some shuffles through the phone.

"yeah. no. no. no. totally, yeah." she replied quickly. "i'm in my room. this is the single most happiest moment in my life!"

i chuckled before me and sarah got serious. "is there anyone around, wheezie? we don't want them to hear. we have a really big favor to ask. have you heard dad talk about what gavin flew to paradise island?"

i heard more shuffling come through the phone. "yeah i heard him talking to rose the other day. he said he had to fly out to nassau to meet with some bankers. it sounded urgent." she stopped for a moment. "oh, and he said something about vault services and transport."

"sarah covered her mouth in shock, making john b look up at her. "oh my go." she whispered. "me and spencer need you to find out exactly when that meeting is."

"yeah, of course." wheezie chuckled through the phone. "i can't believe you guys are alive. i love you."

i tried not to tear up again and sarah did the same. "we love you too, wheeze." i replied and she hung up.

we all hung out on the porch of terrances house, waiting for wheezie to tell us when dad was supposed to meet with whatever bankers. then a ding from the phone made us smile, it was the calendar date. sarah and i smiled looking up at everyone. "we're on." she said.

john b looked hesitant and we noticed quickly. "okay, i guess we're doing this." he said worriedly. our smiles dropped. "i mean, armed robbery. im cool with it, but are you guys sure?"

i sighed crossing my arms. "our entire life." i started. "ward always gotten what he's wanted. everyone jumps for him. we thought it was respect, but now we kinda realize... it's fear." sarah nodded along with my speech. "john b, the one person that never jumped for him... was your father." john b looked down at his feet. "he wasn't like anyone we've ever met because he wasn't scared of our dad. hey." i grabbed his arm, making him look at me and sarah. "this is for him and sheriff peterkin, and us three. like i heard jj say, and i can't believe i'm saying this." john b furrowed his brows as i smiled. "we got nothin to lose."

we gathered in another room, pulling up the map to the airport. sarah pointed at the map. "the gold here, at our dad's house." she explained as i wrote some stuff down. "he's going to transport the gold from our house to a private air freight company located here." she pointed again.

terrance nodded as i spoke up. "we need to intercept the gold before it even gets to that plane." i further explained. "but i see that only two roads can take you there, on the map."

terrance sighed, pointing at the map. "right." he acknowledged. "we want to get him in these cane fields right here." he pointed to a large field for me and sarah to see. i felt cleo's eyeing us carefully but i didn't care. "south of the airport." i pulled my hand up to my chin and nodded. "that's where we spring the trap."

we traveled to the sight where it wasn't far from terrance's house and we went over the plan. "you three will be right here." he said as i looked around. cane fields everywhere, is this how they make sugar? "then those tree lines right there..." terrance pointed for john b to look through the binoculars. "they're gonna come from that direction. once cleo and i get daddy on the ground, you three can take the gold."

i nodded, pacing back and forth as sarah spoke. "all we need is a distraction, l-like a detour or something." she chimed in.

cleo nodded with stubbs by her side. "i can help with that." she smiled and i smiled back at her.

a couple hours before the heist me, cleo, and sarah took a small walk. cleo flicked her knife in between her fingers. "so you guys are twins right?" she asked before questioning us any further.

i nodded, wrapping my arm around sarah. "yeah, we're supposed to be identical, but we both dont really see it." i chuckled as sarah nodded.

cleo stopped us and stood in front, examining us and nodding. "no, no, i definitely see it." she replied. "same lips, eyes, nose, face, height..." expect your hair." she pointed at me. "spencer, your hair is a little lighter."

"i knew it!" i shouted in sarah's face as she laughed loudly. "i kept telling her, man."

cleo chuckled as we continued walking. "how do you go from living in paradise island to living in the streets dodging coppers?" her thick jamaican accent came out whenever she talked and it's always so satisfying.

sarah shrugged. "fell in love." she replied shortly.

cleo nodded and looked to me. "what about you, blondie?" she asked.

i looked to sarah with a smile. "for family." i said grabbing onto her hand and holding it in the air. "anything for my twin sister." sarah smiled, hugging me by my side. "what about you?"

cleo looked in the distance and sighed. "fether left." she started. "granny died. was kicked out on the street. i had to find a way to take care of myself. so i was sleeping on a local dinghy wjen the mooring broke. i wake up and i hear someone yell 'you know how to tie a bowline?' it was captain terrance. i go on deck, i've been with him ever since." i nodded and pursed my lips together in a straight line. "its not the best of times, but i gotta do what i gotta do, right?"

sarah nodded, i could tell she was feeing sentimental towards cleo and i was too. she seems like a good person. she pointed to the kids that were next to stubby. "stubby's security." cleo mentioned. "not the brightest bulb, but you aint gotta watch your back with him." i smiled lightly at the kids. "terrance, on the other hand..." me and sarah both looked at cleo. "he's a ram goat. anything that's in his way, he'll ram over it. always stay two steps ahead of him and never really trust him. wait here."

we nodded as she went to go talk to stubbs. "with i would've known that before we decided to make a deal." i mumbled a little upset and sarah nudged me.

"hey." she said sternly, looking at me with a weird look. "at least we're getting the gold back from dad. don't start doing that petty bullshit with people, like you always do. you never let me or john b speak in certain situations-"

i rolled my eyes. "-you guys ask me to try and negotiate with anyone! its not like you haven't made enough side comments, same goes with your boyfriend who's almost gotten us killed how many times?!" i argued and she went silent.

sarah scoffed and shook her head. "you know, maybe it was better if you stayed on the island." she sighed, crossing her arms and turning away from me.

my heart dropped and shattered into a million pieces. never in my life have i heard sarah tell me i should've stayed somewhere instead of going with. i bit my lio, trying to hide the tears as i walked back to terance's house. i climbed into the bed we had made and cried myself to sleep silently.