1.1

_

_

sometimes living on an island had it's perks. everyone knew each other, everyone hung out all the time, everyone stayed out until it was time to go home. but when you have a whole island to yourself? the adventure never stopped. when the seven teens arrived to the unknown small island, neither of them worried about anything. didn't have to worry about going home at a specific time or worried about homework. they just enjoyed their time with each other having fun.

Caroline wished it was like this all the time but had no idea when she was going back home to OBX. the seven teens made a home at the unknown island. each had their own little homemade tent which each couple shared with each other. their first night JJ started building a tent out of sticks and leaves for himself and Caroline. the best part on living in the island the past month? the mornings.

JJ laid on his stomach besides Caroline watching her sleep running his finger over her cheek gently. feeling the touch on her face the brunette opened her eyes blinking a few times seeing JJ with a smile on his face wondering how lucky he was to have her.

"morning." he says leaning against his arm.

"morning." Caroline smiles turning to her side facing him.

"what do you wanna today in Pougelandia?" a grin formed on his face.

Caroline chuckled resting her head on her hand, "knowing that grin on your face i guess you have something planned?"

JJ laughed, "don't i always?" Caroline laughed watching JJ jump up holding his hand out for her, "come on."

Caroline took his hand standing up grabbing their shoes, JJ lead the way to the forest to find what she thought would be more wood. the month the Pogues have been on the island was amazing for the group. not worrying about anything and just having the time of their life but also sort of missed their home in OBX.

JJ lead Caroline through the forest singing a random song and dancing making her laugh, he spun her around pulling her into him. Caroline smiled wrapping her arms around his neck running her fingers through his blonde locks that had grown out in the last month.

"i never wanna leave." he mumbled cupping her face rubbing his thumb against her cheek.

"i don't either." she softly says.

JJ placed his lips on hers as Caroline immediately kissed him back never getting tired of the feeling of his lips against hers. it may have seen perfect the whole month the Pogues have been on the island but deep in her, Caroline worried her friends safety, her relationship, what would happen when she would go back home. she couldn't stop thinking about it at all.

Caroline pulled away from the kiss leaning her forehead against his, JJ leaned his head back looking at her making sure she was okay. he noticed something was up with her the last few days, it worried him.

"you okay?" he asked tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

Caroline nodded giving him a smile, "yeah. why?"

"just making sure. now m'lady we should really go get some more wood for the family." he says making her laugh.

"let's go." she says following JJ towards the forest.

__

"wait what? we're leaving the cut?" fourteen year old Caroline asked her family sitting on the table in their marine hospital.

"baby, we can afford to move to Figure Eight now. a bigger house, you can have a bigger room." Melissa tells her daughter walking over to her.

"but i like the cut. John B and JJ are closer to me here so is Pope." Caroline didn't want to leave her friends.

"honey, think about it. we're doing great here, the boys can still come and visit whenever they want and even spend the night." Melissa takes her daughters hands.

"i'm not gonna be a Kook. they're rude and annoying i can't deal with them." Caroline shook her head making Zachery laugh.

"she's not wrong you know. the Kooks are something else." he stood up from the ground after checking the pools.

"see," Caroline motioned to her father, "wouldn't it be better if we i don't know, rebuilt our house? that way we'll have a bigger house and i stay close with the boys."

Melissa sighed looking at her husband who nodded, "come with me, Ace. i wanna show you something." Zachery nodded his head.

Caroline jumped off the table following her father towards the turtle rehabilitation part of the sanctuary which gave a view of OBX.

"you do realize we're gonna be Kooks right?" Caroline says leaning against the railing.

"yeah," Zachery nodded throwing his arm around his daughters shoulder, "i do."

"i don't want things to change, dad. i just know the second we move there everything's gonna be different." Caroline liked being a Pogue. she felt free.

"i know, baby." Zachery sighed pulling her closer kissing the top of her head.

"can you promise me something?" she asked hugging her father.

"what's up?"

"promise me i'll always be a Pogue even when we move there." Caroline says.

Zachery nodded rubbing her back, "we're always gonna be Pogues."

"Ace!" Caroline snapped out of her daydream looking over at Kie who was looking at her, "you okay?"

"yeah," Caroline nodded as Kie sat besides her handing her a coconut, "why?"

"you just zoned out for a good few minutes." Kie says drinking the coconut water.

"i was just thinking about stuff back home." Caroline shrugged taking a sip of the coconut.

"parents?" Kie asked her friend.

the brunette nodded picking at the fruit she was holding, "i remember the day she told me we were moving to Figure Eight and i wasn't happy about it."

"you're a Pogue at heart, nothing can change that." Kie rested her head on her shoulder.

"you are too." Caroline reminded her resting her head on Kie's.

the girls sat besides each other for hours just talking about whatever they could come up with. it was perfect. Caroline was glad she was with her friends on the island, it was probably the most fun she's had in a while. she was with her family and that was all she needed.

__

and the adventure continues!
i'm so excited to write this story and continue the Pogues and Caroline's journey.

i can't thank you all enough for the love and support on waves & i hope you all enjoy ocean.

love,
lani.