1.22

_

_

the following morning the five had discovered Singh was nearby and decided to follow the boat. they all knew Singh was looking for John B and Sarah so JJ led the group as far as possible but still close to be able to see where the men were going. the sun had gone down and it started to thunder, Caroline leaned her head out checking the weather seeing the raindrops start to fall. morning then came, neither of the Pogues had slept keeping their eyes wide open checking their surroundings until the next morning when they spotted Singh's boat.

"okay, guys, i think this is El Tesoro. the trailhead to the mountain is supposed to start here." Kie informs her friends.

"oh shit. that's one of Singh's guys. what are we gonna do? we gotta get past them somehow." JJ lowly whispers to his friends.

"didn't Mike give us those firework things?" Caroline leaned over looking at her boyfriend.

JJ grinned as everyone looked at each other. Kiara went on with the plan writing a note, she grabbed a fishing rod attaching the note and swung it to the man on the boat who started looking around yelling to another man. the boys started throwing the fireworks watching the man until he started shooting his gun. everyone hid as Pope threw another firework followed by JJ as the men started to leave.

"think we're getting better at this." JJ smiled to Pope.

"oh yeah."

"hey, hey. ain't no time for celebrating. we didn't do nothing yet." Cleo walked past the two who were high fiving.

"that's fair." Kie added.

"i thought we did something." JJ smiled at Pope.

Caroline laughed at the two taking their arms pulling them with her as she walked.

JJ wrapped his arms around the girls waist lifting her up, Caroline laughed holding onto him as he walked following his friends.

__

"come here for a second." JJ grabbed Caroline's hand leading her up a hill.

"where are you taking me now?" the brunette laughed locking her fingers with his.

JJ helped her climb up a bit more turning her to the view, Caroline went silent taking it all in. she felt his arms go around her waist and rest his chin on her shoulder. the weeks without him had been hell for the girl but now everything that had happened, everything that she had been feeling was something she never wanted to think about again.

the last forty eight hours were hectic. one second she was in a cabin and the next JJ had walked in looking for her. she thought she was dreaming when she saw him in the room. her back rested against his chest enjoying the moment, she felt JJ's hands move to hers interlocking his fingers with Caroline's, she felt his thumb rub against her ring finger.

"you and me, always right?" he muttered placing a soft kiss on her cheek.

Caroline nodded slowly turning her head to him, "yeah."

"hey guys, as much as i love seeing you two happy again we do need to find the path." Kiara's voice was heard making the couple turn around.

"she has a point." Caroline said, JJ dramatically groaned pulling away from her taking her hand.

"Kie, the day you get a boyfriend or girlfriend i'm gonna be bothering you two so much." JJ tells the curly haired girl making her laugh.

"oh i'm sure of it." she laughed slapping his shoulder.

Caroline laughed at her friends as the three tried looking for the path but neither of them could find anything. after looking for another few minutes the three decided to make their way towards Pope and Cleo.

"Pope! hey. we couldn't find anything. you guys find something?" JJ asked walking towards his friends cutting the pieces of grass around.

"yeah. the path leads this way." Pope pointed, Caroline furrowed her brows at the two who were staring at each other as her eyes widened.

"all right."

"okay. we're coming."

the five went down the path as Caroline kept her eyed on Pope and Cleo who continued to stare at each other and smile, the brunette made her way towards Cleo nudging her. the girl turned her head to her new friend seeing the wide smile on her face, Cleo laughed not being able to hold in her laughter.

"so, you and Pope?" Caroline grinned.

"is it obvious?"

"well you two have been staring at each other and smiling the last few minutes."

Cleo smiled moving her eyes back to Pope, "how did it feel when you started liking JJ?"

"weird but exciting. at first i thought it was just JJ being all flirty but the more time i spent with him the more i realized we actually had feelings for each other. if i'm being honest i still can't believe that we're together even after all the shit we went through." she walked with her.

"Pope and i spent so much time together i thought he didn't feel the same way. until i finally did it." Cleo smiled.

Caroline cheered hugging her, "God, i'm so happy for you."

Cleo laughed hugging the girl back, she never thought she'd have amazing friends but she does. Caroline was glad Cleo was apart of the Pogues, she liked her a lot the day they met and when they spent the entire month together in Poguelandia, Caroline knew she found herself a new friend but Cleo found herself a new family.

__

this chapter was so short & i might end up rewriting the entire thing another day.

just one more chapter until the end of act 1! it's taken me a while to write but i'm so happy you all keep coming back to read!

also i might add in a bonus chapter or two because i just love jj and caroline so much!

again thank you all for reading ocean! i love you all! 

love, lani!