1.2

_

"so you just wanna hold your hand out- just like that, and wait for her to come up." Zachery sat besides a fifteen year old Caroline at the dolphin pool holding her hand out for the dolphin to see her.

the dolphin swam over turning it's head seeing Caroline's hand as it approached her closer, "there you go." he chuckled as Caroline lowered her hand touching the dolphin.

"how old is she?" Caroline asked her father smiling at the creature.

"around two months. we're gonna pair her up with Mary in a few weeks since she's non releasable." Zachery said standing up checking on the other dolphin.

"is she gonna be non releasable?" Caroline looked back at the baby dolphin.

"she was separated from her mother way too young, she won't survive on her own, that's why they called us." he dried his hands with a towel as she stood up.

later on in the night, Caroline spent the night to watch over the new animals. she ran to the back door opening it up for JJ who smiled greeting the brunette.

"why'd you call me over here?" he asked setting his stuff down.

"just come look." Caroline grabbed his hand taking over to where the new dolphin was as she swam around.

"is that-"

"a baby? yeah." she lead him towards the water kneeling down.

"shit." he chuckled kneeling down besides her.

"i know." she grinned at him, JJ looked over at Caroline smiling at her feeling the familiar sensation in his stomach every time he looked at her.

"you really love this job don't you?" he asked making his way to the air mattress.

"who wouldn't love this job? saving the marine life and releasing it back is beautiful." Caroline smiled following him as he laid on the air mattress.

"would you have your own if you could?" he asked as she laid besides him.

"that's the dream for Kie and i. you know we both have a love for this." she faced him.

JJ smiled as he and Caroline talked all night about school, their dreams, everything. the following morning approached as Zachery walked into the building checking in on Caroline only to see her and JJ on the air mattress in each others arms.

smiling Zachery reached for the blanket resting it on them, he always liked JJ. treated him like his own son when Caroline first brought him and John B over to their house on the cut. Zachery always wanted the best for his daughter and he knew JJ would always be the one there for her at the end of the day.