1.8

_

"so this is what we're doing, huh? we're just sailing out. we're just gonna forget about John B? we should never have left him. alright we're turning back around." JJ paced around the boat.

"no! we're all gonna get caught. what type of plan is that?" Cleo yelled at JJ.

"it's a plan to stick together, Cleo." JJ argued back with her.

"then we are dead together."

"she's right. we had to leave, or we'd all be zip-tied in the back of a pickup." Kiara looks at her friends.

"we did the right thing. John B is gonna be okay, i promise." Caroline looked at Sarah who nodded at her friend.

a phone started to ring which made Caroline look besides her grabbing the phone seeing it was Portis calling.

"who's that?" JJ turned around.

"Portis."

"Portis? that's John B. that's definitely John B. hold on." JJ ran over to his girlfriend grabbing the phone from her hands answering, "yo! dude! is this you?"

"speaker, speaker." Caroline whispered following him.

"what- do you need us to turn around?" JJ asked putting him on speaker, "yo, say it again. say it again."

"i said don't worry about me, okay?" John B responded but the sound immediately cut off.

"we do not copy. can you-"

"let me talk to him." Sarah grabbed the phone moving away, "John B?"

"Sarah-"

"are you okay?"

"yes. i'm fine. everything's good. listen."

"he's fine. thank God. what happened?" Sarah asked her boyfriend.

"my dad."

"what about Big John?" Caroline asked looking at JJ.

"wait. what'd you say? John B?" Sarah asked again trying to get a better signal to hear.

"Sarah?"

"i.. i can't hear you. John B?"

"get out of there. i'll meet you on Kildare, okay?"