1.4

_

Caroline hummed quietly listening to music sitting on the beach painting her legs with washable paint as JJ walked down to the beach spotting her on the sand, he smiled rushing over to her plopping down besides her making her look over and smile at him.

"what're you doing?" he asked looking at the sunflowers and waves she had painted.

"painting. it's more fun to paint on yourself than on paper." she chuckled cleaning the paint brush on the towel she was sitting on.

"can i try?" he asked.

Caroline looked at him nodding her head handing him the brush, JJ grinned sitting up grabbing the brush from her hand dipping it into the orange paint immediately painting patterns on her arm. her eyes stayed on JJ watching him focus on what he was painting, his brows were furrowed, his tongue  stuck out running over his top lip.

"that's not so bad." he says setting the brush down admiring the work he had done.

Caroline looked at her arm seeing the sun he had drawn with few details around it.

"it's amazing, J." she smiled at him. 

"okay, my turn. do something cool like, a shark right here." JJ took off his shirt laying on his back patting his chest making Caroline laugh.

the sound of the plane starting snapped Caroline out of her daydream looking around the plane with her legs up to her chest, she leaned her head over looking at John B who sent her a reassuring nod.

"so what were you doing all the way out here?" JJ asks Jimmy who was doing some stuff to his plane.

"i got a little guide outfit in Saint Vincent. i was spotting fish." Jimmy answered.

"what were you spotting?"

"you know, the usual. wahoo. i'd hang onto something. gets a little spicy on takeoff." Jimmy tells the group who already we're reaching out for something to hold onto.

Caroline looked over at JJ who was looking at her nodding his head in reassurance letting her know everything was going to be okay, she nodded back moving her eyes out the window watching the island that was her home for a month fade away. silence filled the plane for a while until JJ looked at his friends giving them a signal to come closer, Caroline slowly made her way over kneeling down beside him.

"wahoo don't run in September. ever. all right? so whoever this man is, he's not a fisherman." JJ lowly tells his friends, out of everyone in the group the one who knew all about fishing was JJ.