1.16

_

_

tw: this chapter will include a anxiety attack.

__

Caroline had spend the entire day working until her father made her go get lunch he had ordered for everyone. so that's what she did, she got out of the car making her way inside the beach club and to the counter leaning against it.

"just a moment- Caroline?" looking up she spotted Sofia, a fellow Pogue she always got along with.

"hey!" Caroline smiled watching her run around the counter hugging her tightly.

"you're back! are you okay? what happened?" Sofia asked holding her friends arms, Caroline told her about the island and for how long she and the Pogues were there for and how it was a trip to come back to OBX, leaving everything else that happened out.

"shit, i'm glad you're okay. are you picking up something?" Sofia asked.

"yeah, my dad ordered lunch."

"i'll go check to see if it's ready." Sofia smiled at her friend walking to the back.

Caroline smiled taking a seat looking around the room, the last time she stepped foot into the island club was when she attended Midsummers and ran off with the Pogues. the same night her and JJ had their first kiss. she sighed sliding down the seat rubbing her eyes.

"hey, Caroline." jumping up hearing the familiar voice, Caroline turned around feeling her body freeze up with heat and heart start to race.

"Rafe." she stared at him.

"surprised to see me?" he asked.

"what are you doing here? i thought you left OBX." she asked slowly taking a step back.

"just some business. you know, i heard the cross got stolen. sucks right?"

Caroline clenched her jaw keeping her eyes on him, she despised him and Ward for everything they've done.

"i didn't know that." she shrugged.

"you sure? i heard a few people were after it and i mean i only know a few who know of it." he took a step closer to her.

staying quiet Caroline stared at him as he leaned down into her ear, "you Pogues better watch your backs." he whispered.