1.6

_

_

the next morning came around as Kiara and Caroline sat on the bed in silence, Rafe was still asleep on the floor while the girls tried thinking of something to get out of their situation. Kiara came up with a plan to talk to Singh to get her and Caroline out of where they were. agreeing to her idea, the brunette watched her friend go to the window starting to tap on it getting the guards attention and whispering. 

Rafe woke up quickly standing up from the ground asking Kiara what she was doing but ignored him until the door open revealing the guard taking Kiara out of the room. Caroline laid back focusing on her ring once again spinning it around feeling the bed dip besides her looking over seeing Rafe.

"what?" she asked.

"what do you know about the diary, Ace? don't bullshit me." he quietly says.

"nothing. i don't want to talk about this." she answered standing up from the bed walking to the bathroom shutting the door.

"Caroline, please." Rafe says from the other side of the door.

Caroline turned on the sink looking in the mirror fixing the grey silk pajama tank top and shorts she had on. all she could think about was JJ and where he was wondering if he was safe or not. shutting off the water once she had brushed her teeth and washed her face she opened the door seeing Rafe sitting on the floor.

"you okay?" he asked not looking at her.

"i'm so sick and tired of everyone asking me that." she muttered sitting back on the bed.

"what was that yesterday? the thing with the water?" Rafe asked facing her on the ground.

"cold water helps me calm down when i'm panicking. it makes me realize i'm okay and present." she says resting her chin on her arm looking at him.

"they've gotten better i assume?"

Rafe always knew Caroline dealt with anxiety, he'd seen it a few times whenever he stopped by the marine animal hospital with Rose.

"yeah," she nodded, "the Pogues taught me a few ways to control it when we were- why am i even telling you this."

"you know i thought i'd never see you again?" Rafe says looking at her.

"didn't know you wanted to see me again." she says focusing on her ring spinning it around over and over.

"i always liked you, Ace. i know i did some stuff and i'm sorry. i should've never hurt you with that golf club in the summer-"