1.11

_

hours passed, Caroline didn't even know what time it was since she hadn't checked her phone since leaving the pier after meeting up with Sarah and Kie. Caroline and Kie made their way to the Chateau hoping to see John B but he was nowhere to be found only to find a note from him. Kiara let Caroline know she had to go back home or else her parents would be furious with her so the brunette stayed at the Chateau waiting for John B or even JJ to arrive.

a motorcycle approached the Chateau making her sit up and lean over to see JJ parking his bike, she slowly stood up walking over to him as he called out for John B.

"hey," JJ turned around feeling his heart hurt once he saw Caroline regretting everything he had said to her.

"John B not here?" he asked walking over to her.

Caroline shook her head, "Kie and i were looking for him."

"what's up?" JJ asked.

"Rafe's what's up. he's back on the island." she said, JJ rolled his eyes turning around, "Sarah saw him at Tannyhill."

"spectacular." JJ sarcastically says walking past Caroline.

"there's more. she heard him say that the cross is coming to Wilmington tomorrow night. we think he's trying to sell it."

"great. does Pope know?"

"yeah, she went to tell him. he's locked down, so are Kie and i and i guess John B and Big John went to get the Twinkie. i have no idea where they are." Caroline picked up the note handing it over to the blonde.

"yeah, of course. just when we need them." silence then took over the two.

"uh-"

"wait.. hold on, though. we know where the cross is gonna be. that means it's still on the field. okay, alright, so we can come in and swoop. we're still in this, Ace. we gotta get everybody together, then we'll come up with a plan. get our asses to Wilmington.." JJ paced around making his way over to his bike.

"J, wait. before we come up with some crazy plan, can we talk? please?" Caroline followed him watching him slow down and turn around.

"yeah. yeah we can talk."

"i get it if you need some space. coming back home is definitely a lot and i get if you need a break from us. i don't blame you. but please don't say i don't care about you when i do." she tells him as he avoided eye contact the entire time until he finally looked at her.

"don't forget the part that you called me a Kook, which was very lame and uncalled for." Caroline added in pointing at him.

"that was a really bad choice of words. my bad, it was uncalled for wasn't it?" he asked as she nodded.

"pretty grossed out if i'm being honest." she slowly smiled making him smile.

"i promise never to call you a Kook ever again. unless we get really rich then we both call ourselves Kooks." he chuckled walking over to her.

"i was thinking rich Pogues." she smiled as he stood in front of her.

"that works," he gently laughed reaching for her hands but didn't grab them, "about what i said, you know being done."

"J, if you really need some time i'm okay with that. you have a lot going on and i don't wanna get in the way of that." staring at the blue eyes she fell in love with years ago.

"but i don't wanna lose you." he whispered.

"you're never gonna lose me, Maybank. never." she assured him.

"we're back on last names now? you haven't called me that since we were twelve." he chuckled.

Caroline laughed and took a deep breath, "taking a break would mean breaking up but knowing us we'd never let go of each other."

"so let's not-"

"but i want you to focus on yourself. i don't wanna hold you back from it, at the end of the day i'm still there for you and always will be."

"i don't want this to happen." he shook his head.

"neither do i." Caroline never thought that this would happen.

"all right, look. you're right. i flipped. you know how i be. just, uh.. just.. look. we should just.. just call it a truce. just Etch A Sketch it. clean slate. truce?" JJ asked.

"truce." holding her hand out JJ grinned doing the Pogue handshake and looked at each other.

their eyes were filled with so much love with each other and they both knew they would never leave each other's side.

"so how we gonna jack this cross?" JJ asked fixing his hat walking away.

"great question. i don't know." she said watching him walk away.

Caroline's smile slowly faded away watching him walk to the big tree in John B's backyard, she blinked away the tears taking a deep breath. they were over. her and JJ were broken up and she had no idea it would hurt this much. she wanted him to take time for himself, that's all she wanted for him. she just wondered how long it was going to last or if they would ever get back together again.

__

hello angels!

i know it's been a while since i last updated. i'm having huge writers block, updates may be slow but i will be trying my best to update more!

i want to thank you all for the love & support on Ocean! i hope you're all enjoying it so far.

love, lani.