𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

I took a breath as I straightened out my drop knot bowtie. The first day of my senior year. I'd completely put Friday night's freakshow behind me, instead trading it for the dread of the upcoming freakshow. The kind with fellow high school students from a wealthy private school. The tie, pleated skirt, and blazer that made up my burgundy and mustard yellow uniform actually weren't so bad.

Satisfied that I didn't look like a drab couch potato or a clown with my neutral makeup, I left my dressing-slash-bedside table and went downstairs. I'd left my hair down save for a French half-updo.

"How do I look, dad?" I asked when I met him near the front door.

He turned and greeted me with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Uh..." he appraised me in true clueless dad fashion. "Well, you're wearing clothes. And you smell fine. Good girl."

"Thanks dad. Love you." I smiled as he left for work. You could always count on him to compliment you on the important details.

"Sweetie," called mum from the living room, are you ready?"

"Yep." I grabbed my bag from my room then followed mum out the door and got in the Lexus SUV. My parents had told me that if I get a job, they would help me pay for a car. If the day came when I actually attempted to go for my licence.

Kyungmin texted me saying that he'll be there early and wait for me at the gates, though I hoped I wouldn't be inconveniencing him. Of course I was nervous, though I wouldn't let it affect my confidence. 

"How are you feeling, Y/N? Did you eat breakfast?"

"A little." I wasn't very hungry this morning. "And I'm okay. Nervous, but eager nerves."

Mum glanced at me when we stopped at the lights. "You don't regret moving here, do you? I know how sudden this was, and how big of a change this all is. Do you resent your father and me at all? You know you can always be honest with us, Y/N?"

I offered an assuring smile. "Mum, I've told you a million times. I'm fine, really. I'm excited to start here. And I'll miss my friends, but I'd never resent you, or dad for accepting this amazing opportunity."

Ever since the incident, I know they, mum especially, have been worried for me. It's why I never planned on telling them the truth. They thought it was a simple falling out with a friend that I'd never get to make up with due to the move. If only that was it.

"I'll pick you up?" asked mum when we parked out the front on the other side of the street.

"That'd be great. Thanks mum. Love you."

"I love you too, sweetie. And don't worry, I won't give you an embarrassing kiss or call out to you. I'll leave that to your father."

I laughed as I got out of the car. The worst thing was, was that he didn't even do it to embarrass me.

"Y/N!" called mum from the car when I crossed the street, "My gorgeous, beautiful baby girl, have a fun first day! Mummy loves you!"

When I turned to look at the lying woman, shooting only half-serious daggers with my eyes, she gave me a thumb up and a grin and drove off. Well played.

I chuckled to myself, ignoring the few glances other students sent my way.

I halted at the domed archway entrance over the gates with MNH High School in bronze-plated letters curved across the top, as well as the large bronze and gold founder's statue beyond in the front courtyard. So this was my senior year life? Gold-plated privilege.