𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

As much as I loathed admitting it, Myungho was incredibly skilled at baseball. I was hoping I could be petty and conclude that his talent had been over-hyped due to his wealth and popularity. But sitting on the bleachers overlooking the baseball field, I had no choice but to concede that his hype had been warranted.

My class had just finished a round of volleyball and the bell was about to go, though I had a study period next. Chae-soo was good at the sport, and our team had won, with me even managing one of the points for us. Ball sports were not my strongest suit, so I'd been quite surprised.

"Did you hear that the game's been postponed until next week due to a storm forecast?" said a girl to her friend, heading for the changerooms.

The baseball game between MNH and HYBE. It was basically leading the school's gossip. Whatever my feelings toward the captain, I wanted to see MNH High beat Changhoon's team too. 

"Come on Y/N, let's go!" called Heiko, and I looked down at the bottom of the bleachers where her, Marina, Xiulan and Chae-soo—who was waiting with a water bottle as Myungho came over to meet her.

I was having dinner with Haemin and his parents tomorrow and Chae-soo insisted on being my stylist. She knew way more about events with literal nobility so I was happy to take the assistance.

"I'm thinking like a burgundy, or maybe a pastel colour for the dress," said Marina as I came over.

"Love it," said Xiulan. "And why we're out, I need to book a hair appointment."

"Ew I know, regrowth looks gross with that shade."

Heiko giggled as Marina continued, "and remember when Wonjeong didn't get it done for weeks and tried to pass it off as ombre?"

Xiulan snorted. "I was like, bestie, no."

I let my mind wander from the conversation, glancing over to Chae-soo and Myungho. She wasn't what I had been expecting, and I wondered if my, possibly, shallow stereotype of the popular girls was wrong here. Even the current conversation the three around me were having was the worst it got, and I had yet to hear them actively put anyone down or spread things. 

Myungho though, was an anomaly. An annoying one, but he seemed different around certain people. Maybe I was just lucky and ended up with the spiteful, crappy side of him. He leaned down and kissed Chae-soo, who held onto his collar until a round of cheers from his teammates made her pull back and giggle. She handed Myungho the water bottle before he rolled his eyes, but returned to his team as they called their "captain" back over.

He also shot me a weird glance and I fought the urge to flip him off. What're you looking at? 

First time I saw him he was running with a gang of known murderers, and now he was acting all reserved and sweet with his girlfriend. Who was this guy? I don't know why I even cared, but it was weird.

☆★☆

Chae-soo's place was something else. Just casually walking into the Palace of Versailles.