𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

Y/N's POV:

I knew it still probably wasn't over yet, but it was a relief to finally get away from the hospital, the police station, and then after a few days I was finally able to convince my parents to let me go to Myungho's for a little get-together—it probably helped that I hadn't told them anything about his situation. It wasn't a party, but other than us, Kyungmin, Jaeyun, Seungheon, Yungyu, Yoonsung, Minho, Gyeo-wool, and even Bo-Bae, Ahyeon and a few guys from Myungho's team were here. 

My dad had grudgingly let me go, only because of the group, the fact that Myungho's mansion was decked out in the latest security system and cameras. And his place was less than a ten-minute drive from the police station. But his dad was out, so it was just us.

"I'd like to make a toast to Mr. Superstar over there," mock-adulated Jaeyun, holding up his can of Monster. We all sat around on a circle loung oasis on the pool deck.

 We all sat around on a circle loung oasis on the pool deck

I held back a giggle at Myungho's embarrassment.

"May he never forget about us peasants," continued Jaeyun, "when he's out there batting for the best and scoring multiple fancy deals. And may a ball to his own pair never impact on his chances at fatherhood."

"In the name of the Father, the son, and the holy crotch guard," concluded Minho stoically, making a sign of the cross.

"Amen," added Yoonsung.

Everyone joined the toast and Myungho patiently waited it out before speaking, "Thanks, guys, I appreciate it. I would appreciate it even more if I never heard the words balls or crotch guard from any of you ever again."

I pecked Myunhgo on the cheek, offering a much more subdued congratulatory gesture to his baseball news. We still hadn't really talked about his admission to me once the police had arrived. But it wasn't awkward, I think we both just wanted everything to settle before we properly got into it. Neither had we spoken about that freak building fire, the fact that I was now sure I had seen Haemin's car not far from the restaurant, and the fact that Myungho was there at the exact moment I had needed him. Not that I was complaining, but it was all very convenient and I had my suspicions about Haemin's and Myungho's involvement.

I was willing to let it go for now in favour of cuddling up next to Myungho like a shameless koala. This was nice, hanging out with actual friends—minus Haemin, though I could understand why he didn't want to come. Even though I thought we were fine now, and he and Myungho seemed to have this weird understanding between them, it probably would be a tad awkward for him to be here right now. But other than that, finally something normal and fun. Maybe not for Gyeo-wool, who looked like she wanted to crawl up and die when Minho, Yoonsung and Yungyu started performing a spontaneous synchronised swim dance routine.