𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

The game's scores stayed pretty even throughout, though when Changhoon came on to pitch, HYBE took the lead. Clearly, they had been saving Changhoon for last, and I could definitely see why. If he got one more batter out, they would come in to bat leaving MNH—the stronger batting side—on the field whilst losing.

Marina, Xiulan, Heiko and Chae-soo's cheering could've made up for a whole stadium's worth on their own, though Jaeyun was surprisingly vocal too. It was kind of funny to see the usually very studious, easy-going and rational student president calling plays and booing when HYBE got one up on MNH. Kyungmin just looked like he was having the time of his life being here, Haemin had just come back with food for us both and had an expression of concentration on the game that I'd never seen in class. Seungheon, Yungyu, Yoonsung and Minho could've legit become MNH's official cheerleaders, but Gyeo-Wool, Myungho's cousin I'd recently learned, was so invested in the game, she didn't even appear embarrassed by her boyfriend's antics.

One could literally hear and feel the frustration echo around the stadium when Changhoon got his second batter out, though if I thought the spectators were intense before, it reached a whole new level when the camera zoomed in on the shirt of the new batter coming in. The big screen put Myungho on display as he stepped up to the home plate, and it was then that I saw the guy by the tunnel seats a few rows down from us. 

The White Dragon member with a gun.

I heard Marina whispering something about a possible national scout being here tonight, then the upset that wracked the stadium when the umpire announced "Strike one!" I was too far to see properly, and the light's glare against the night sky didn't help, but Changhoon appeared to smirk. Jerk.

Myungho, on the other hand, seemed completely focused and unperturbed by his strike, and lined up for the second attempt. He hit the ball well into the outfield and even I jumped up and cheered when he scored a home run. That was one hell of a hit. It was when Myungho went off the field, amid the thundering cheers, that I noticed gang guy was gone.

Well that wasn't concerning at all. I got up while the cheers were still going around a mostly standing audience but Haemin took my hand.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I smiled reassuringly. "Just going to the bathroom, I'll be right back."

"Do you want me to come, you know, to keep guard or whatever?"

I smiled even more at Haemin's awkward but sweet offer. "I think I'll be okay." I gave him a quick kiss because others were watching, and went down some stairs and then out this section's exit. I took out my phone, wondering whether I should call the police now or when I saw him again. What if it wasn't a gun? What if I called the cops and there ended up being nothing to worry about? I supposed that would be better than calling them too late if something were wrong, but that didn't stop all my second-guessing from clogging my brain.

I came to an empty foyer that led to bathrooms and locker areas but stopped as I neared an underpass leading to another section. I heard hushed conversation. Two guys; one sounding laid back, the other exasperated: Myungho.

"...the hell are you doing here Won-sik? You can't just rock up mid-game."

"Relax man. Game's nearly over. Nice hit by the way, can see why the boss calls you Golden B—"

"Shut up. I told you I'd handle it, so why are you here now?"

"The stock, man. Everyone's distracted by the game, so I thought to myself, what better opportunity, am I right?"