𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

Y/N's POV:

Jaeyun had driven me, Yungyu and semi-conscious Bigfoot back to my place on the way.

I tried and failed not to laugh as we helped his groaning and complaining ass upstairs, but I left it to Yungyu to get his hyung in the shower and went to my room. My dad was at work, Mina was at Professor Lee's, and Mum was in her study-workshop downstairs.

She'd rolled her eyes when she'd opened the door for us but I'd promised her I hadn't had anything alcoholic to drink, which was true, and an amused smile might have started to break on her lips when Kyungmin smiled at her and stumbled in for a greeting hug.

It wasn't 7:30 yet, but the dojang opened really early and I thought about whether I could still make it down there to watch Myungho complain as Jaeyun made him work through constructive training routines and martial arts techniques rather than just running impulsively head-first into trouble and hitting things like he normally did. I think Jaeyun and I had an unspoken shared understanding of that. I'm guessing Gyeo-wool did too.

I'd had a shower and brushed my teeth at Myungho's, but I changed, slipping swimmers on underneath shorts and a flowery blouse. Maybe I could go to the aquatic centre, get back into things for when I returned to school on Monday. I was still nervous, of course, but I felt better knowing that I had support from real friends and also that explanations were out in the open that didn't paint me as some homewrecking hoe.

And then there was Myungho. I felt like such a cringy bitch for being excited to spend the rest of my senior year with my boyfriend, but not cringy enough to regret feeling like that.

My phone rang as I was putting a towel in my tote bag and I went over to the bed where I'd left it, thinking it was either going to be Myungho complaining about Jae being a drill sergeant, Mina gushing about her boyfriend, or Yungyu informing me that his big brother had drowned in the shower. Other than the second possibility, the others made me smile.

It wasn't any of those three.

"Jaeyun? What's up?" I casually greeted.

"Is Myungho at your place?" He sounded stressed.

"No. Did he already leave the dojang? I thought you guys would be there for a couple of hours."

"That was the plan, but...he got a call from Jungnam when we arrived. Something's happened."

My confusion grew into worry when Jaeyun's voice started to shake.

"Jaeyun what's wrong?" I said cautiously. "What do you mean?"

"We stopped at his place before, and went to my dojang in separate cars. After the call he...he took off in a rush. By the time I got to the hospital, he'd already left. He's not answering my calls, or Gyeo-wool's. Y/N, I have no idea where he is."

We ended the call after I told him I was on my way. Heiko had just texted me that she was outside and so I rushed Yungyu and Kyungmin down and, with a quick call to Mum, we got in the car and Heiko's mum drove us to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital and rushed to the reception counter, I vaguely glimpsed a reporter speaking on the waiting room's T.V. saying something about breaking news on the beach, but I paid it little attention. The four of us got the room's location and took the elevator up, seeing Jaeyun and his parents speaking to a doctor. His mum was crying, and Jaeyun was running trembling fingers through his hair. He was still in his dobok gear.