𝘁𝗲𝗻

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

For a moment, there was stunned silence. The gate-crasher, or Changhoon, recovered from the hit and lunged for Myungho.

But Jaeyun stepped in-between them. "That's enough. Are you serious? You're trying to start something? Here?"

"Dumbass knows he doesn't stand a chance on the field so what'd you expec—"

"Shut up Myung," hissed Jaeyun. "Not the time."

Myungho looked like he was about to argue, though ended up throwing his hands up in a "whatever" gesture.

Jaeyun turned back to Changhoon. "Get off of this property before I call the police and have you dragged off for trespassing and assault."

Changhoon scoffed, his eyes furious. "Assault? I think you need to get your eyes checked, Moon."

"I don't think so, Changhoon. Because I—and I'm sure most others here will attest to it—saw an idiot storm in, knock over a waitress, then toss a minor into a table who was only trying to alleviate the situation." Jaeyun stepped closer. "Try that on me."

I wondered if Changhoon would for a second, but then he stepped back and plastered a snide smile. "This place is a joke, anyway. Reeks of uptight virgins who wouldn't know what a real set looked like." He gave a slimy look to Chae-soo. "Want me to set the record straight for you babe?"

Despite Chae-soo looking more disgusted than fearful, Myungho looked ready to go for round two, but Jaeyun gave a pleading shake of the head.

So Myungho instead said, "Everyone knows you can't pitch, Changhoon, so why try to bat above your class?"

"Did I say virgins?" retorted Changhoon, looking like he wanted to hit Myungho. "Because I meant everyone except you, Myungho. I heard nationals are looking to scout you. Maybe you whored yourself out to them, eh?"

"First it was daddy's money? Now I'm whoring myself out? Go ahead Changhoon and make up whatever story you want. Does it help you sleep at night rather than admit that my superiority comes from talent and not privilege?"

A voice cut through the tension.

"What's going on here?" An older man in a suit, tall and fit came over from the terrace path.

Changhoon and his groupies left in a huff, clearly not wanting to deal with whoever this older man was.

"Nothing dad," said Myungho, as everyone else dispersed and went back to acting normal.

The man, Myungho's dad, glanced at Myungho, then to Jaeyun.

"Everything's fine, Mr. Ji. Just a minor disagreement. The other student left to cool off. We worked the issue out without incident."

"Very well." Mr. Ji nodded in seeming satisfaction, but offered a final glance at Myungho again. "You causing trouble?"

"No, like Jaeyun said, just a little disagreement..."

Whatever else was said, I didn't hear as I was ambushed and taken away by Xiulan and Heiko. I looked back to Haemin who just seemed confused. I guess our couple's chat would have to wait.

"Ew," said Heiko. "Changhoon's always such a creep. I hope Chae-soo's okay?"

"He is way too beneath Chae-soo for her to care," said Xiulan.

"But did you see that hit Myungho got, Y/N?"

"It was a pretty solid hit," I admitted. I may not have liked Myungho, but I'd probably want to hit that guy too. "But who's Changhoon?"