𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

Chae-soo's POV:

Break-ups were such a drag. But at least Myungho had the decency not to cause a scene and advertise that we were currently separated. I loved Gyeo-Wool like a sister, and Minho was super sweet and all, but he seriously needed to learn the definition of subtlety and silence.

I wasn't deluded, I didn't believe in star-crossed lovers; seriously, Romeo and Juliet was incredibly toxic and cringy, how could anyone think that it had been a love story? And I also knew this was just high school, which is why I never obsessed over the student cliques and hierarchy. But I couldn't help it that they all naturally gravitated towards me, it's like they could sense that I was just above it all, and headed great places after graduation. It's also why Myungho and I worked so well.

I was self-aware enough to admit my shallowness—anyone who said they weren't were liars—in certain areas. And Myungho was hot, he had already caught the attention of national and international teams. He was the son of a greatly respected, international business tycoon. And I'd already done a spread in Vogue, which was gaining attention in Europe, and Delphine had personally invited me to Louis Vuitton's upcoming fashion show. I wondered if she'd make me a brand ambassador. Star athlete and heir to what was basically modern royalty and a model plus luxury brand ambassador? It was perfect.

Speaking of deluded, I tried not to roll my eyes when I left the nail salon and saw Yeona and a couple of her little sycophants coming up. Myungho and I might not have been together right now, though she was chasing a guy that was never hers. I was honestly so happy for Haemin and Y/N.

But I had class, so I smiled and politely greeted Yeona. Back when I'd been an immature pubescent, I had actually considered her a friend.

"Hi Chae-ah. Wow, your nails look amazing. Chic as always."

"Aw, thank you Yeona. And you have to tell me your hair care routine, it always looks so vibrant." I knew Marina and Xiulan were buying some extra products, but if that store clerk could hurry up and find the extra stock, that would be lovely. Or even if Gyeo-Wool could accidentally drive up onto the path between us, I'd also appreciate that. Of course I wouldn't want Yeona to get hit...though maybe just shocked enough that she loses bladder control for a second.

Yeona smiled sweetly. "I know this is super random, but me and the girls were just talking about Y/N."

And once again I battled an eye roll. God her obsession with Y/N was pathetic. And speaking of Y/N, another thing I liked about her was that she wasn't enamoured with popularity and attempting to leech onto me for the association. It's like she understood and respected my superior status, but never made it obvious.

"Yeona, sweetie, I know you and Haemin used to have something, but you're so beautiful and amazing you could literally get anyone else. Or just own being single."

That elicited a clear crack in Yeona's composure, though she again plastered on a smile to cover it. "I'm so glad you think that, Chae-ah. But it was actually totally about something else. I just watched the craziest thing, and I emailed you the link, thought you'd find it interesting. You still have the same address that we made in middle school, right?" 

"Yes of course." Finally, the unhinged girl left. Really, I felt sorry for her, she needed therapy.

"Ya, Chae," said Gyeo-Wool, walking over after Yeona left. "What was that about?"

"Nothing, just a poor girl who needs to move on for her own sanity." I looked back as Marina and Xiulan exited the salon, a customer picture catching my eye. The anonymous hand photo showed a custom set of acrylics with a pretty sunflower design. It seemed familiar for some reason.