𝘀𝗶𝘅

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

I sure as hell put my 200 metre sprint gold medal on display when I left homeroom at the speed of light. Of course, I did so in a subtle and lady-like manner. My first class was English Studies, and the next few minutes were spent in a sort of dread as I waited to see if Myungho would be here as well. He was not. Still, it was too early to thank the gods for showing me some mercy. I had many more classes to get through.

The seating in this class was arranged, with the tables sitting groups of threes. I ended up sitting next to a boy with black hair, flawless, fair skin and soft yet defined features. He honestly looked sweet, but like he could've been one of those old broadway stars during Hollywood's black-and-white era.

Way to go, Y/N, start immediately judging people by the way they look.

He sat in the middle and I sat on his left, though the seat on the other side of him was empty.

The teacher called the roll, and thankfully didn't ask me to introduce myself.

"...Song Gook-hee?"

"Here Professor."

"Jung Haemin?" No answer.

"Yoonsung," asked the teacher in English. "Do you know if Haemin is absent today?"

"...uh."

"He's in basketball training, Sir," I replied in English without thought. Then I realised I'd said that out loud.

"Ah, that's right," said the teacher. "Thank you Miss." The teacher continued on with the class and the boy who I thought looked like an actor, or Yoonsung, I supposed, turned to me and whispered,

"Thanks for that. Professor Choi likes us that he taught last year to answer him in English. I totally blanked."

"That's okay. I saw him head to basketball anyway."

"Are you friends? I'm guessing this is your first day? I'm Yoonsung, by the way."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Y/N. And is it that obvious?"

Yoonsung smiled. "I'd say it's more the fact that I've never seen you here before, and also news of your arrival has spread like wildfire: the foreign girl that knows the basketball team."

I frowned. "Let me guess, Sunhyun?" If it was, that girl in the grade below me really was the gossip queen. First period wasn't even over and I had a reputation.

"Probably." He laughed quietly. Even his whispering was dulcet. "It's nothing more than that."

"Good, I guess? But I'm not exactly friends with Haemin, I only met him once this morning. I'm friends with Kyungmin. He was part of an exchange program and went to my school for six months." We whisper-chatted a bit more until the professor almost caught us.

Yoonsung gave me the "oops" smile, showing his sweet bread cheeks.

The bell went, and I was relieved that it seemed English studies wouldn't be a worry. I was already fluent in English, so, there was that. Yoonsung was the head of theatre group, which made complete sense to me—even though we had only known each other for fifty minutes. I also recalled that Minho's girlfriend, Gyeo-wool, had mentioned him. Another popular one then. At least I so far wasn't making enemies of all the school's elite. 

Maths came and went, and Bo-Bae was in the same class as me, which was nice. She was definitely the studious type, which suited me just fine. But she was nice and I could picture us getting along well.