𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

"Chae-soo?" repeated Bo-Bae. "Wow, you really did live abroad in a small town. She's basically like if Jennie from Blackpink went to MNH. Parents are mega-wealthy, the whole business tycoon dad thing. She went here until six months ago. Went to school in Italy. Even did a bit of modelling whilst attending an international school there."

"Ah," I acknowledged, as we sat at a secluded nook in the library to study. "Resident it girl, got it."  So that's who Heiko had been referring to. The swim trial yesterday morning had gone really well, solidifying my spot on the team. And the Japanese girl had been nice enough, and so I knew it was mean to think this. Athletic skill had nothing to do with grades, but I couldn't believe that someone who was as good and dedicated at swimming as her could come across as so vapid in other areas. After we had showered and gotten ready—with her insisting that I use some of her leave-in hair treatment—we had gone to the canteen where Heiko asked me if turkey came from boy chickens or ducks.

Bo-Bae and I both had double P.E. Practical next. We made our way to the girls' lockers to change. Bo-Bae and I didn't have Practical together normally, though being the start of the school year, they were combining senior classes to gauge everyone's fitness level.

 Bo-Bae and I didn't have Practical together normally, though being the start of the school year, they were combining senior classes to gauge everyone's fitness level

"Hey, Y/N, are you all right?" asked Bo-Bae when we left for the giant field with a baseball field that branched off. "You seem a little...tense."

"I'm fine. Just a bit tired," I lied. Please can Ji Myungho not be there.

☆★☆

"All right, if I've called your name!" announced their P.E. teacher, who looked like ex-military or something, "head to the track course for the relay."

I was relieved. One, the baseball team was called first to do special training, and two, I was grouped with Bo-Bae. Sixteen of us were put into groups of four. Bo-Bae had told me that athletics—unless it was chess or mathletics—was not her thing.

And God bless her soul, she had not been lying. In all fairness, the other two before her on our team were not the fastest sprinters either, though by the time the baton was handed to me, our team was way behind. We had since garnered a bit of an audience on the other side of the track lines in the middle oasis, filled with several male voices cheering and hollering like deliberate idiots. I glanced over, glad I was too coordinated to stumble from laughing.

It was Kyungmin and Haemin—the latter being a bit more quiet and dignified—plus, unexpectedly, Yoonsung. Then, deciding to ignore my little sideline cheerleaders, I bridged the gap between the other teams and ended up beating them all by a few strides.

"Fastest time, Y/N," announced the coach, listing the top three. "Congratulations." The winning team had been awarded a break for the next activity.

"I'm...so...glad," panted Bo-Bae, collapsing half-dead on the bleachers, "...we had someone...who can...run."