𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

Myungho's POV:

Y/N said she'd be coming to school today. Honestly, things were still a bit of a mess here, but the judgement on her had lessened. And finally, questions were starting to come up about Chae-soo. There was plenty of the usual gossiping about me too, with every other student apparently thinking their gossip was some magical sound I couldn't hear when I walked right past them. They also must've thought the same thing about their camera shutter sounds when they subtly sneaked pictures of me.

But at least it showed that my story was the more believed one. I guess I'd see how long that would last though, especially when Chae-soo was absent today. I wonder if she was running to her parents, putting on the usual devastated act to encourage them to call my dear dad to ask what possibly could've happened to make his wonderful, gentleman of a son act so uncharacteristically toward their daughter.

As our family connections looked good, dad would then voice his concern to me, and the next day, Chae-soo's and my trivial little drama would be magically fixed. We were the perfect couple after all.

It wouldn't be like that this time. I don't care what she does, and I don't care what my dad does. Maybe this would keep my mind off of my absolute royal screw-up with the USB. Helios had his second-in-command tell me to get past police, get the location of an item from an arrested criminal, steal it, and hand it over to them. And I was just hoping it would be some insignificant little thing that would blow over?

Seriously Myungho, how are you even getting decent marks in school?

But I didn't feel as shaken as I thought I would. Since telling Y/N everything, at least. And that airy sensation magnified until the bell went and she hadn't yet arrived. Maybe she was just running a bit late? But then when fourth period, Society & Culture, came and went, and Y/N still hadn't arrived, and hadn't answered any of my texts, I started to worry again.

Hopefully she had just decided not to come to school for one more day and had put her phone on silent?

I went to my changeroom locker after P.E. when my phone vibrated. It took me a moment to register I was leaning my shoulder on the locker for support when I saw the text.

It was from Won-sik.

🐀:

Not that we dont trust u golden boy, 

but the boss just wanted to make 

sure we r all on the sam page . 

be a shame to lose an asset like u 

The attached file was a photo of Y/N, teary and tied to a chair.

The ground seemed to sway beneath my feet, like I'd just come off of a spinning ride. Only briefly, but I had thought about going to the police. Even though it would mean Jaeyun's dad would have to deal with a possible career-ending lawsuit and prison time, those innocent names on the USB would be safe. But Helios knew right where to press the knife in. 

Another bell went, but it sounded distant. I wasn't sure how long I'd been leaning on the locker. I needed to fix this. What did I do? If I went to the police...I didn't want to think about what they'd do to her. Damnit, you idiot, stop freaking out and actually think.

How could I have dropped my guard like this? If anything, I should've been a hundred times more careful the second I realised I'd fallen in love with—