𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

Soaked, I sat on the cot next to the younger boy as he was checked over. 

The school nurse to confirmed he was fine, as he hadn't been underwater long enough to have risked second-hand drowning. 

I was just glad the junior was okay. The younger teen looked over at me and smiled. He had cute, chubby cheeks like a chipmunk.

"Hey, I'm Seungheon. You gave me CPR?"

"Yeah. How does your chest feel? Not to freak you out but that's the first time I've performed chest compressions. And I'm Y/N."

"Well..." he started shyly, though still positive, "That's the first kiss I've ever had, so we're even. Don't tell."

I laughed, not meanly though. "Does mouth-to-mouth count as a first kiss?" But I made a zipping gesture across my lips and Seungheon started giggling.

We hadn't been in the infirmary that long, though our even shorter time alone ended when the door opened.

"Seungheon!" exclaimed the student, elatedly, "Dude, you're okay! The whole being awake thing means you're okay, right?"

He ran over to the cot as the nurse returned from her adjoining office. "He's fine, Mr. Cho, don't worry."

"You sure?"

"I promise," said Seungheon. "I'm fine."

Seungheon sat up with the other to talk about what happened, and I thanked the nurse for bringing me a towel.

"...and I went to the office. Jaeyun's on the way."

"Thanks Yungie."

Wait a minute...I looked over. "Yungyu?" 

The seventeen-year-old looked up at me and his jaw dropped. "Y/N? Minmin told me you were here now. How have I not seen you?"

This was the first time I'd officially met my FaceTime friend, and Kyungmin's brother, in person.

I got up but he beat me to it and pulled me into a tight hug. "I thought you looked familiar at the pool, but I was a little...distracted."

"In all fairness, so was I."

He snorted in amusment at that, and we maintained the embrace for a while until he pulled back with a joking, "Ew, you're all wet. You're meant to shower before you get dressed, Y/N."

"Hey, Seungheon-ah, this is the girl in that photo I showed you, remember?"

"Oh yeah, moustache girl. Hi...again." He waved, and if his cheeks weren't so cute I'd scowl.

Was that seriously the photo Kyungmin showed everyone to introduce me? I'd have to formulate a revenge plan.

The nurse told Yungyu to return to class, and he reluctantly agreed.

As he opened the door, someone else passed him and rushed to Seungheon's side.

"Seungheon, I came over as soon as the messenger was sent. I called mum and dad too, they're on their way. How do you feel?"

"I feel fine," grumbled a suddenly sulky Seungheon. "It wasn't even that big of a deal."

"I've checked your brother over, student council president, and he's completely fine. I'm only keeping him here to monitor for any possible delayed reactions. You can thank Miss Y/N for the outcome."

The older brother, and apparently also the Student Council President, looked over to me. He definitely had a calm and responsible air about him.

"Thank you so much," he said genuinely, coming to hold my hand in both of his in a sort of greeting. "I'm guessing you must have dived in after him? I'm Moon Jaeyun, this one's older brother." He said that last part just a little bit scoldingly. "He was probably doing what he wasn't supposed to when it happened, so I'm glad there was someone responsible there who happened to catch it."