𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

➶➶➶➶➶ ☆ ➷➷➷➷➷

Bo-Bae and I had just finished studying in the library, and my mum had made me dinner, so I was planning on going straight to study class, and the sight just outside the school gates made me even more eager to leave for that study.

I was hoping to get by the group of students unnoticed, and almost did, though heard footsteps catch up to me by the tree next to the curb. 

"Hey," said a lackluster voice and I turned to Myungho. We had sort of been avoiding one another since Society and Culture.

"So," he resumed after a drawn-out silence. 

"So..."

He looked down and scowled at me, and I fought back a satisfied smirk as we both knew I was going to force him to say it first.

He exhaled roughly. "So it looks like Professor Noe stuck us together for the assignment."

"You are correct." I thought that maybe he might crack a molar if he clenched his jaw any tighter, so I decided to get this out of the way, "How about we give each other our emails? That way we can make questionnaires and just send them"

"Yeah that works," he concluded after a moment. It seemed even insanely rich Golden Boys didn't want to fail assignments. We put our emails on each other's phones. 

"Oh my god, you are such a hoe, babe," called Heiko, another person I hadn't been expecting. The tone sounded complimentary though. "Y/N, you didn't tell me you and Haemin were a couple."

She came up to us, along with Gyeo-Wool, Minho, Yoonsung and Chae-soo, who went to stand beside Myungho. "Hey Babe," she said, kissing him on the corner of the mouth. Then she turned to me. "And I had no idea, Y/N. I never would've guessed you two. But that's really great for you."

Ignoring Myungho's subtly surprised expression, I tried to come up with a convincing lie, "We...wanted to wait until after the homecoming party before we told anyone. Not that it would've taken away from the party at all, but I still thought it'd be kinda rude, you know?" 

"Oh, that totally makes sense," said Heiko, twirling a lock of hair. "But what were you two talking about?" she added in a gossipy tone, looking between Myungho and me.

"We were paired up for an assignment," Myungho answered no-nonsense.

"Oh I'm so sorry you'll have to put up with Mr. Grave Face over here," Chae-soo teased, squeezing Myungho's arm, who just stood there and took it. "I promise, Myungie's actually so sweet once you get to know him."

"And you're so considerate, Y/N," she kindly continued. "But I would love to know more about the girl that stole Jung Haemin's heart." She smiled at her dramaticism. "You simply have to tell me more about the dress, and where you've travelled before coming here. And what about your parents?"

"We hardly get international students outside of East Asia," explained Gyeo-Wool. I nodded, appreciating the interruption in the plethora of questions I was nicely being attacked with. I also realised Gyeo-Wool and I hadn't really spoken directly to each other before. She seemed more reserved than the other girls in her group.

"Yeah," added Minho. "Ever since Seungheon heard you spoke Transylvanian, I had to look it up to make sure it was a real country."

Gyeo-Wool elbowed her boyfriend. "I can't believe you're actually my boyfriend sometimes." Minho looked at her with heart eyes, as if her words were meant to be a compliment, but she continued to me, "I'm sorry, a few years ago he had a Hotel Transylvania movie marathon with my little sister, and clearly, eighteen is only a number and he still had the mental capacity of a ten-year-old."