136 - a fork in the road

(Y/n) wiped the car grease from her face with a rag, finished with the last touches on her freshly polished car

(Y/n) wiped the car grease from her face with a rag, finished with the last touches on her freshly polished car. Aito sat on the curb, reading a book while he had waited for his sister to finish. The time read 11:53 PM. The night was set by the girl, getting ready to seek out a possible lead she dug up in her mind. She threw the unsalvageable rag into a nearby trash can in an alleyway.

Katsushika City. A city abandoned by society, destroyed by the quirk riots and constant wars in the beginning of the Quirk Era. Just like the dirty rag (Y/n) threw away, Katsushika was unsalvageable. The city was in ruins, only some highways etched out enough to peek at its horizon. And yet, the abandoned city was still home to many unfortunate souls. Whether it ranged from homeless families, criminals on the run, murders looking for their next kill (although the city's people had an unspoken rule that countered that), or drug lords building their empires in the shadows.

The city resides in Tokyo. The city with streets that (Y/n) knew like the back of her hand. A city with familiar faces and memories of her vigilante times. Nothing smelled like nostalgia for her like the smell of burning tires, dirty streets, and gut wrenchingly unhealthy food. The twins found themselves in the outskirts of the ward, readying the car and most of all, themselves. "You're done?" Aito questioned, letting his book close on his thumb.

(Y/n) exhaled, the street light flickered on and off at the end of the road. "Yeah. Let's go," she waved her hand, opening the car door and getting inside, making sure her brother got in first. 'Now or never.'

Aito wore probably the baggiest pair of black cargo pants his sister had ever seen on him, chains hanging from some loops. He wore a tight black and white Misbhv top with a black puffer vest and heavy black Doc Martens. (Y/n) also decided to wear baggy cargo pants, they rested low on her waist, so low she had to be careful how she sat unless she wanted a little breeze—if you know, you know. Her dull chains worked as suspenders, although instead of resting on the top half of her body, she let them hang against her legs.

She wore a cami top that could easily be mistaken as a simple bra, only covering her chest (along with her pasties) and a strip of her back. It matched the color of her chains as well. She wore a baggy, graphic jacket on top with blue accents, the main color being black. For shoes, she wore her hero costume's combat boots. Her hair was loose and a controlled type of messy, controlled chaos, if you will. She had her usual lip makeup and eyeliner on.