2) Art takes courage

The hum of the phone broke Dharma's concentration on the notes she was making for her meeting with Maurya that afternoon.

"Hello!"

"Dharma!" the panic in Kamya's voice drew her attention and she asked worriedly, "Kamya, what is it? You sound alarmed."

"It is Chaitanya. I think he knows that you are in Delhi," Kamya blurted out.

Unbidden, the image of a figure standing opposite her hostel last evening, came to her mind but Dharma did not mention it to her friend, not wanting to cause more panic. Instead, she asked, "How are you so certain about him knowing?"

"I heard from Seema that he visited Mohandham a week ago and he left for Delhi the day before yesterday."

"He could be visiting Delhi for other reasons. Why should it be connected to me?"

"Why did he visit our office then? I am sure that he took your address on some pretext."

"Relax Kamya. This is a big city and he can't find the address so quickly," Dharma assured her friend although she was perturbed over the news.

"Why don't you shift to Brahim's house for a few days? That way, he won't be able to find you."

"Have you gone nuts? Just because some idiot is here, I can't barge into Brahim's house and force myself on him. If you are here, we can move in together," Dharma murmured thoughtfully.

"It might happen soon..." Kamya replied enigmatically but Dharma caught the essence of it and she squealed in excitement, "You found a job?"

"Chill! No, I haven't found one yet but I have been called for an interview and group discussion."

"Wow, Kamya! Which school?"

The school that her friend named was one of the leading schools in the city, "This is so awesome. When are you coming?"

"Friday!" Kamya sounded pleased with Dharma's excitement.

"Oh my god! That is just two days away!"

"Yes! See you then but Dharma be careful! Be alert and don't wander alone. I don't want to scare you but Chaitanya is a creep."

"I know dear! I will be careful."

Dharma pondered about the figure she noticed opposite her hostel last night.

The pattern maker arrived, and together, they began to discuss the bulk orders. Dharma had a meeting with Maurya in his office at three. She had made an appointment with his secretary the previous evening and this morning, she had spent half an hour deciding the outfit. Finally, she had chosen simple white trousers and a blue formal shirt. She didn't want to appear too dressed up. She had a light breakfast and munched on peanuts on the bus. Some of the regular passengers and the driver had enquired about Mrs. Singh. She had also come to know then that the conductor had visited Mrs. Singh at the hospital the previous evening, reckoning that such sweet gestures made the world a brighter place.

Lekha wandered into the room and after tossing a baleful glance at her, she resumed her daily ritual of taking stock of things in the store. Ignoring her, Dharma continued with her task. She learnt from the office gossip that Rashika was on leave for a couple of days. Apparently, she had gone on a trip to her native village.

Sonia, just then, sauntered in and asked casually, "Hey Dharma, I believe you have an appointment with Maurya at three?"

"Yes!"

"I have one at two. I am taking the office cab. Why don't we go together and you can catch up with Tapan?"

"Tapan?" Dharma asked remembering the young designer from Krishna Industries.