52 : GLIMPSE

KREIA’S POV

“Hi! Congrats, I’m Pauline” the girl beside Ken greeted me.

She is so girly and looks really friendly but something’s off from her that I cannot tell. Not to judge but that’s what I feel. Not gonna lie but they look so expensive as a couple. Magaling pumili ang manok pero may pakiramdam talaga akong iba sa babaeng ‘to.

“Congratulations, Kreia Leanne” the girl with the fierce aura followed. “Soheila” she introduced herself and took out her hand for a hand shake.

Katabi niya naman si Paulo. This couple screams power! Woah! The power they hold! I was mesmerized for a while until the girl beside Stell caught my attention.

“Congrats, Krei! Ako nga pala si Lou” masiglang bati niya sabay ngiti.

This girl reflected the attitude of Stell. Parehong kwela at halatang masayahin. But I can tell that they’re just friends or something.

I was confused a little while eyeing the girls until I realized that they were familiar to me. Yun pala ay nagkakasabay-sabay kami minsan sa studio ng boys. Hindi lang nagpapansinan dahil abala naman kaming lahat. Ngayon lang talaga nagkataon na magpakilala sa isa’t-isa.

Naghanda ng bonggang dinner ang family ko para sa blowout. It was held in the front yard of our house. The theme colors has the shades of white, black, and gray. May iilang business partners na bisita si Dad ganoon din si Mommy, and the rest were my family both sides, classmates and close friends.

Nagkaroon ako ng opening speech bago mag dinner. I just thanked all of the people that gathered here in my party. Most especially to my parents and my siblings who have been there for me since day one.

When dinner came, I come back to the table prepared for us with my friends. Kasama na sila Gav, Kent, Qwyn, the boys and their girls.

At dahil maloko ang mga kasama ko sa table ay nag umpisa ang tuksuhan na naman. They were all teasing Qwyn and Josh, tahimik ang dalawa at walang imik. Sa huli ay nagtabi na lang sila ng upuan kahit mukhang hindi sila okay dahil alam nilang hindi titigil ang tuksuhan.

Throughout the party, I was thinking a specific person in mind. I don’t have any idea where is he or what he has been through these past few weeks. Wala rin naman akong lakas para tanungin ang mga ka grupo niya. Marahil ay wala rin silang alam o ayaw lang nilang ikwento sa akin.

“This time ladies and gentlemen, I will officially announce who will replace my position in our company” nahinto ang pag-iisip ko dahil sa sinabi ni daddy sa harap.

As I gaze the mini stage in front, my family is there smiling at me already. Ate Reanne, smiling proudly. Keanne scrunching his nose out of happiness. And both my parents looking at me with tears brimming beside their eyes. The scene caused my eyes to swell also.

“We’ve seen her skills and dedication while managing our company when I was confined last time in the hospital” Daddy paused a bit whilst reminiscing what happened.

“Most especially, her love for the company. In her younger days, I can already picture out her running this business of ours in the future” Dad smiled genuinely at the crowd. “Now, it’s really happening! Kreia Leanne Niz, you made us so proud darling. You really deserve my position, I’m now signing off” with tears on my cheeks, I ran towards them and embraced them all.

The party didn’t end there. Of course I have an after party. Most of my friends remained to celebrate it. Halos kami na lang ang natirang magkakaibigan dahil nagsi-uwian na ang mga business partners ng parents ko ganon na din ang family both sides. Nauna na nga lang umuwi sila Gav at Kent dahil pinaghahanap na ng mga magulang.