/ Adrien's Pov \

Word Count: 1805

3 weeks ago...

Adrien was anxious while he's getting ready to have breakfast with his father and take the opportunity to tell him about you.

He really wanted you to formally meet at last.

Before he went downstairs, he left a piece of cheese next to Plagg who was still sleeping.

An excited smile lit up his face when he saw his father already sitting at the table waiting for him.

"Good morning father." Adrien took a seat at the table.

"Morning, Adrien." Gabriel said with his usual serious expression.

Adrien started babbling about a girl he likes to his father and oddly enough, Gabriel agreed and kept listening until he asked curiously:

"So you're dating. What's her name?" Adrien paused, thinking of what words to use.

"Her name is (Y/n) (L/n) and I really wanted you to meet her." Adrien for a second felt relieved to be able to talk to his father like this, but Gabriel's expression went from neutral to disapproving at few seconds.

"The same girl with a bad media reputation? And her family is my biggest competition. Adrien I don't approve of this, you will break up with this girl immediately." Gabriel commanded seriously, Adrien's eyes widened in disbelief.

"What?! But father, you can't judge without at least meeting her first. You once told me not to give up easily on what I want." Adrien protested, determined to change his father's mind.

"Adrien, you're almost an adult, you're my only heir and one day the weight of our family name will rest on your shoulders. You have to make sacrifices if you want to maintain our status, a high school romance with a scandalous girl is not good for our name or for business." Gabriel explained coldly. Adrien pondered for a few seconds but he wasn't willing to give up so he got up from his chair.

"It's not just a high school dating! I don't give a damn about status! I love her so much. I don't care what the media says about me..." Adrien looked at his father and that look of disapproval hurt him a lot. Unlike the media, Adrien cared what his father thought, even if it seemed unfair, Gabriel is his father. "I will never have your approval..." Adrien whispered the last sentence to himself.

"I know what's best for you son. You can't date her." Gabriel stood up and walked over to Adrien putting a hand on his shoulder. "Now that your mother is gone...we only have each other." Gabriel gently squeezed his shoulder of the son trying to make the words less heavy.

But Adrien felt like a new weight had been placed on his shoulders.

✷✷✷

3 weeks later...

Adrien had just arrived from fencing class and went to take a shower to cool off.

While he was in the shower letting the cold water run down his face, a few tears came down with it, unable to be distinguished from the normal drops.

He hadn't seen you for 3 weeks, he wasn't just busy, he didn't know if he could face you. He couldn't disobey his father. Natalie always told him to follow his heart but he was torn between the love of his father and the love of the girl who won him over.

He grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist leaving the bathroom thinking about how complicated everything was from the beginning.

His cell phone rang on top of the bed, it was Felix. He didn't feel like talking right now but answered anyway.