Chapter 12

(( the added picture is of hazu :D i love it when anyone comments so please let me know any comments you have!))

512 sat in a chair inside a dome-like building. The light hanging above her casted an eerie circle of hardly illuminating light casting the rest of the building into shallow shadows.

As Ryo had lead her threw the Sakura Village every little thing surprised her. When a vender at a fruit stand called out to say hello to Ryo, she had jumped and practically tripped over her feet trying to get away from the strange man and his stranger smelling cart. Another small adventure she had experienced so far was all the wonderful smelling food.

For as long as she could remember, 512's meals consisted of dry hard bread, and sometimes suspicious slabs of meat that always seemed more plentiful after a big fight. Though she was starving she bit back her tongue having too much pride to ask Ryo to buy her anything. As they passed a dango shop however her stomach growled loudly and she turned a bright red not bothering to glance at Ryo. She did hear him chuckle how ever and he silently went into the store, and came out a short moment later holding two strange sticky looking round pastey things on a stick. He offered her one and when she took it he bit into his own and watched as she did the same. As embarrassed as she was to admit it, 512 had felt the tears begin to leak from her eyes as she wolfed down the Dango. She hadn't eaten for almost four days now and though the strange liquid they had pumped into her blood at the hospital had kept her going, she had needed something to put in her stomach. She had walked at a brisker pace to show her appreciation for being given such delicious food. She vaguely wondered how free people must eat if they feed their prisoners such good food.

People had looked at them surprised and at first 512 assumed they were staring at her, she still wore her torn dirty clothes from the experiment hall and stood out like a sore thumb. But then, people began to smile and wave as they called out greetings. Ryo would smiled and reply always something a little more than hello as if he personally knew all of these people. 512 blinked surprised realizing not only was Ryo over Riku, Hazu, and Aki but it seemed like he was in a high position of power over everyone. But they all liked him?She could not comprehend this new concept, as in the Hall even a few brave Others would silently shoot The Elder with poisonous glances when they thought no one was watching.

That was when she had first seen the dome building. It was built into a cliff and protruded out of the side at the peak of the dome. there was a sign over the door that read, INTERROGATION UNIT BASE .

Suddenly 512 felt the seed of fear in her heart begin to grow again, pushing up threw the dirt of her soul to become a bud. She swallowed the fear down and lifted her chin. She had lived threw experimenting and being forced to fight children younger than she was. Forced to kill children younger than she was. Surely she would be able to handle this.

As Ryo lead her inside she was surprised. The dome was really a dome that continued deep into the cliff, but that was it. The building had one room, and what looked like three doors. Two were in the back. One was the entrance/exit. There were no windows, and the only light came from a dim and flickering light bulb that hung down in the center of the room. under the light was a sturdy and thick looking metal chair. Beside the chair was a small square table with a notepad on it.

512 studied the chair a moment and goosebumps broke out on her arms as she noticed the chair had straps for holding someone down by their wrists and ankles. She folded her fists into little balls and bit the inside of her cheek. No big deal... she had been tied down plenty of times. Once more wouldn't kill her. Or so she hoped.

512 had been so intent in inspecting the chair that she didn't see the man as he walked out of one of the two doors in the back. He shut the door silently and walked over, already glancing 512 up and down. He then bowed his head lightly toward Ryo.