Chapter 17

(The added picture is of Scar in handcuffs )

Riku paced impatiently across the living room as Hazu sat on the couch watching him as he flipped a kunai in one hand.

"Where is she?" Riku grumbled, earning a groan from Hazu who rolled his eyes. He had said that at least four different times already.

"Listen. I told you a thousand times already." Hazu huffed and got up crossing the tiny room in a few paces before grabbing Riku by the shoulders, shaking him. "Ryo-sama said she's fine. So she's fine alright? Now if you keep pacing it's going to drive me mad! So sit down or do something else!" Hazu exhaled and as he anger spent itself he slumped back onto the couch, shutting his eyes, feeling Riku's yellow gaze bore into him. "What?!"

"You are so worried about her."

Hazu jerked up and glared at Riku before storming off into the kitchen, leaving Riku faintly amused and even more nervous. He looked toward the door wondering if they should just go look for her themselves.

Deciding to trust Ryo-sama Riku found himself sitting on the small sofa staring at the door, expecting it to open more and more with every passing second. As he sat on the sinking faded blue-green couch Riku closed his eyes and found himself wondering about the strange events that had led him to be so protective of someone he barely knew. He thought about how 512 hardly knew how to live on her own. She didn't even recognize water for Kami's sake! She had looked so fragile laying in the hospital bed, her back practically hanging off of her in shreds, and then she woke up and all hellfire broke lose. Riku found himself chuckling at how shocked Hazu had looked when Riku walked into the hospital room to find 512 unconscious at his feet and a horrified nurse about to break into tears. She's quite the trouble maker. He realized with a start looking towards the door again. But instead of moving he began to compare 512 to Kayla. They both were underfed, and both had a lot of stories. Both had scars and neither was in full health. But where 512 was violent and quick to act, Kayla seemed to be the type to think things out more. Riku remembered how her golden eyes had taken him in, up and down and how she seemed to know about him just by looking at him. When Ryo-sama had left her room, he had been disturbed, Riku had noticed no matter how well Ryo-sama had tried to hide it. The nervous twitch of his eyes and how he quickly returned to his office. What could Kayla have done that would of been so bad?

Suddenly Riku's eyes flashed open at the feeling of someone watching him. Sure enough Hazu was standing at the corner looking at him rather smugly.

"And what were you thinking about?"

"What?" Riku raised his eyebrow his yellow eyes narrowing into snakelike slits.

"Who were you thinking about."

"Why should I tell you?" Riku asked highly suspicious, Hazu never acted like this unless something was up.

"No reason." Hazu moved toward the door and opened it. He wore his coat and headband already, and only spoke again while putting on his shoes. "You just were blushing about someone." Riku stared at him his mouth hanging open in silent shock. He quickly shut it before Hazu turned to look at him with a smug smirk on his face. "Either way, I'm sick of sitting around. Going to the library." Then he was up and out of the house the door shutting with a soft click behind him.

Riku sprung up from the couch as soon as he heard the lock click and practically ran to the bathroom. Sure enough as he looked at his reflection his pasty pale face was marred by a splash of pink on his cheeks. Riku grumbled softly and trudged back out into the living room planning to sink back into the sofa, this time gladly.

Hazu stood in the doorway and chuckled lightly as their eyes connected. "So you coming or not?" Hazu's eyes gleamed and he added, "Loverboy?" Riku felt his face flush this time and he stormed into the bedroom returning with his purple rope around his waist.