Chapter 18

(Added picture is of Ryo, he actually dislikes wearing the Kage robe and hat and will  discard them anytime he can. Which is basically when Aki isn't around. I like to think this picture is of Ryo wining he doesn't want to put the robe back on to Aki, saying he does paperwork better without it. Then considering how he is always behind on paperwork, she lets him go without.)

Sizzling filled the air and 512 groaned as she turned over pulling the soft blanket that she was under farther up to her chin. She sleepily blinked her ruby eyes open and sat up groggily in the bed looking around.  She sat in a bed with dark blue sheets and a flat pillow, a desk sat across the room with papers filed all over it in a messy yet seemingly organized matter. A half dead plant stood wilting in the corner the sole window of the room beside it. The window was different from the one at her apartment, it was more of a square hole in the wall with no glass and the covering was held open by a stick. As she slowly eased herself out of the bed she crouched on the floor evening her weight out trying to make sure nothing would creek. 512 prowled over to the window and slowly peaked over the edge, when she determined it to be mostly safe she stuck her entire head out and looked around.

The apartment was even smaller than her own, and it was on the second level of an older red painted building. while looking out the window she had a nice view of a narrow alley and the roof of the next building.  She leaned farther out the window trying to see what the building was when the smell of cooked meat suddenly wafted into the room.

She whipped her head around and Daisuke stood in the door way looking lightly surprised, he wore a light blue apron over his normal clothes and held a tray. "Oh your awake." He chuckled then set the tray down on the low table that sat stoutly in the middle of the room. "I tried not to wake you seeing that you still need to gain your strength and all and I said to myself, 'Daisuke whats a good way to regain your strength quickly?' And then it hit me!" He sat down at one end of the table motioning for her to sit at the other side. She raised an eyebrow at him and sat down heavily exhaling heavily as he rambled on and on.

"To regain your strength you need to eat! and not that nasty hospital food." 512 blinked rather surprised, she had thought the food was delicious compared to what she was used to. "So obviously I had to cook up some bacon and eggs. I mean not obviously, but its good for protein and all that other kinda stuff so just eat up." He set a plate in front of her of two eggs both sunny-side up and the plate had three strips of bacon. His plate only had one egg and three strips of bacon. Daisuke clapped his hands to together and shut his eyes, "Itadakimasu." Then he gladly bit into the first piece of bacon on his plate. Taking the opportunity of momentary silence, assuming he wouldn't talk with his mouth full, 512 spoke abruptly not about to be outdone by anything, let alone how much a mere boy could talk.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" He paused mid-bite and set the  other half of the bacon down.

"What you just said."

" What part of what I just said, Itadakimasu?"

"Yeah."

"Oh." He waved his chopsticks in the air and pointed at her with them smiling softly. "It's just to say I'm thankful for this food, or thankful for the person who made it."

"Oh." She looked down at her food and then at the chopsticks in her hand. "Itachdachimas...?" She mumbled fumbling to hold the chopsticks. Daisuke reached over the table and helped show her how to grip the chopsticks.

"Close enough. Just eat, you can learn table manners later." He shrugged and took a bit of his egg, only to raise his eyebrows as she set the chopsticks down and brought the plate to her mouth letting one of the eggs slide entirely into her mouth. Shocked into silence he watched as she wolfed down the meal devouring it within minutes. 512 looked at him with a bit of yolk running down her chin and mumbled around a mouthful of the second egg.